Recent content by Kai Amundsen

1. K

New Nas from scraps - in need of a hba or something like that

@jmoll What speeds are you expecting? Those seem pretty good and about what I would expect. 516MB/s is basically the max speed of a 6Gb/s SSD (note, there is a HUGE, 8x to be exact, difference between Gb and GB with small b being bit and large being bytes). With network/OS/Speed of your...
  2. K

IPMI Issue (ASRock E3C236D2I)

I did get it working although I am not 100% sure how. I am pretty sure I fixed it by upgrading to Java 1.8.0_77 and adding the IPMI IP address to the Java Site Exception List. Other things I did that could have contributed: - Cleared the Java temporary internet files - Made sure I only had one...
  3. K

IPMI Issue (ASRock E3C236D2I)

I can't get the remote console redirect to work with my motherboard. When I run the jviewer java program to launch the remote console I get an error "INVALID WEB SESSION COOKIE". I can click ok and I get the interface to load but the screen image is completely black. Any ideas? About my...
  4. K

Asrock Rack E3C236D2I will be available second week of February in the US

Received mine today from Newegg! (I noticed they upped the price to $259 but still haven't fixed the model number in the description). Unfortunately my RAM and CPU don't come in for another week so all I have is the pretty board to look at for now.
  5. K

Yes, it does support PCIe drives. However, I cannot find any PCIe M.2 drives that are 42mm (the size the board supports), they are all longer, typically 80mm. However, it looks like you could probably have a card hang off the side of the board assuming it is low profile enough to not interfere...
  6. K

Looks like Newegg is now listing the board as in stock. However, the product Name has the wrong model number in it but all of the specs are for the E3C236D2I and it is $40 less than Amazon's listing. I just ordered it and hope I get the correct board. ASRock E3C226D2I Mini ITX Server...
  7. K

Any 2242 M.2 NVMe drives?

My ITX Server Board has a 2242 (42mm long) M.2 slot that can take a PCIe or SATA based drive. If I put a SATA drive in the slot it disables one of the precious onboard SATA ports so I would like a PCIe based one instead to maximise my storage. The problem is, I can't find any, they are all 80mm...
  8. K

ASRock E3C236D2I VGA/IPMI question

Thanks, that will save me some money not to get a 12*5 Xeon. This is for an Unraid NAS that the only video encoding will be through PLEX server which is not GPU accelerated as far as I am aware. Sounds like I don't need the iGPU then Thanks again
  9. K

ASRock E3C236D2I VGA/IPMI question

Question: do I need or get any benefit from a processor iGPU with thies board? ASRock Rack > E3C236D2I The documentation is confusing. Specifically this note in the grphics specs: "Controller - ASPEED AST2400+ Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only...
  10. K

Wow, I was about to ask why you were getting the 1245 over the 1240 like I was planning but then I looked at the specs more closely and saw that the VGA is not powered by the ASMedia IMPI but only by the iGPU, looks like I am going to have to spend the extra couple of bucks for the 1245. Glad I...
  11. K

A month ago their support told me end of January, so I hope this is real. One optimistic sign is that it JUST showed up on Amazon.com (link) I have already backordered it from them as I have been dying to get my hands on it. I just wish the M.2 didn't share a SATA port with one of the ones on...