Recent content by kache

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Hi, Not a bad point, currently I'm taking the total power consumption at the UPS, minus the two servers (data from IDRAC), minus an estimated 100w for the rest of the infra (ISP modem, 2x lenovo tiny, 2x laptops, 1x shuttle small PC, multiple rack fans). I might need to get my hands on some...
  2. K

Hi guys, Finally installed the icx7250 for my secondary network, replacing the messy server-to-server connection routed by an pfsense VM, but I'm wondering concerning the power consumption. This is the icx7250-24, so only 24 ports and no POE, yet the power consumption of the whole rack went up...
  3. K

Thank you for your answer!
  4. K

Hi guys, Very stupid question: can you stack a icx 6450 with an icx 7250?
  5. K

Thank you! It does appear to stay around 56-65°C during the day, with the 65°C being more in the evening. Only now I'm seeing it on speed 2: SSH@10G#show chassis The stack unit 1 chassis info: Power supply 1 (NA - AC - PoE) present, status ok Power supply 2 not present Power supply 3 not...
  6. K

Thank you for the answer! So if I understood correctly you're using it as Core switch and the APs are connected directly to it rather than to the edge switches, correct?
  7. K

Replaced the stock fans in the icx6450 with the Noctua NF-A4x20 FLX and the sound is truly amazing now. The rack is nearly silent and there is no annoying alternating sound like with the Foxconn ones. Problem is that despite there being only 2 PoE devices the temperatures are quite high...
  8. K

Concerning the ipv6 discussion, there is a seller in EU selling a ICX 7450 - 48p with Rev C power supplies (he confirmed that via PM). I'm not sure if I can link to the ebay listing, so just search for feldsam-inc on ebay and you'll find it. Me I sadly can't afford that high of a price so I'll...
  9. K

Thank you! So you'd recommend getting a icx 7xxx model if we want to have ipv6 working as intended? The only one I can get for an acceptable price is the 7450, but from previous posts it appears to be even more noisy than the 6610.
  10. K

Thank you for the explanation! Perhaps a stupid question: why is it so late and so overcomplicated in the Enterprise space? My 70€ 2015 Archer had SLAAC fully working in less than a minute, my 2017 500€ Edgerouter Pro took me a week of hitting my head against the wall but eventually I got it...
  11. K

How bad is the fan noise?
  12. K

So to have SLAAC on the ICX 6xxx we'd lose also ipv4 routing on the switch itself?
  13. K

It doesn't seem to be possible even with SLAAC though: Brocade: interface ve 1 ip address 192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0 ipv6 address some:thing:else:3901::2/64 ipv6 enable ! interface ve 10 ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0 ip helper-address 1 192.168.10.31 ip helper-address 2...
  14. K

The ICX 6450 arrived today! A few hours to get it updated, configured in the same way as the 2960S is replacing and installing the licenses (Thank you, @foohdeesha! ) and I swapped it in. The fans will have to be replaced though, the noise is quite high even at idle. Tempted to get the Noctua...
  15. K

Hi, I'd like to ask the seller of a very cheap icx 6450 to send me more info to confirm that the ethernet ports and the poe of the switch are functioning. What are the first commands you guys run on a new Brocade to verify that everything is fully working?