Recent content by Jude

1. J

bios 02.01.0003 for s2600cp and the pcie gen 3 question

That would be really good to have - anyone know what the chances are of someone at Intel support providing a copy of their archived bios?
  2. J

Intel 2600CP SDR File Hacking

I think it would be incredibly helpful if you could further expand upon the steps that you carried out and the results that you achieved.
  3. J

Yeah I was aware of the white listing of PCIe 3.0 for the later bios versions. I wanted to ensure that the motherboard was working correctly and figured as long as I can downgrade the bios at a later date then it was worth trying (There is a thread that details the process to downgrade to older...
  4. J

I was using an older version of the firmware but I wasn't happy with how quickly the fans were spinning when the system was idling (800RPM). I was also getting some PCIe errors in the event log in the BMC web console. I updated to the most recent Bios and the errors went away and the fans now...
  5. J

The fans will be good they are Noctua NF-F12 and NF-P14S they have a low end minimum of 300 and 450RPM respectively. Seems like I will need to hack the SDR file to get the fans to spin any slower.
  6. J

OK, that worked. Adjusting the PWM signal by increasing it from 0 to 20 has stopped the fans from falling back into failsafe 100% speed mode. System at idle: all fans running at 784 RPM and BB MEM VR Temp sensor reading 41 degrees C. Not silent but close enough to it. Cheers
  7. J

OK I know where that setting is I will definitely try out that adjustment. I'm away right now so I wont be able to test it till next week. Do you think that by doing that I will not need to "hack" the SDR file?
  8. J

FunkyRider83 I think your build is great. It inspired me to go ahead and purchase one of the S2600CP2J package deals from Natex. I have installed it and the dual E5-2670's in a Thermaltake Core V71 case. I am using Noctua fans and have found that the fans are spinning at 100% even though I...