Recent content by JSLEnterprises

1. JSLEnterprises

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

That the is the version MPOGR explicitly stated, as the files he modified in assembly were for that specific version, and those files do change with each release. I have access to all releases for these sx switches through work, including the last one released Feb of this year (3.6.8012), and...
  2. JSLEnterprises

I've added MPOGR's conversion guide to the zip of files that I've hosted in the link on page 8, since so many of you need it.
  3. JSLEnterprises

The original link was fixed with a new zip that has all the files necessary for the conversion, including the jffs2 image, the files mporg edited, and the extracted firmware binary to flash.
  4. JSLEnterprises

The reason the conversion guide works on EMC 6012's is because the uboot console isn't locked out since EMC does ALL the configuration through that. The locked uboot from Mellanox is by design, because they make their money off the licenses.
  5. JSLEnterprises

I bought one about a month ago because I couldn't get the firmware flashed on one of my 6012's. It reads exactly as listed - MSX6036F-2SFR and while it is HP, its full blown Mellanox. The reason you can find them that cheap, is because Mellanox just EOL'd the switch-x2 platform. Last MLXOS...
  6. JSLEnterprises

type the following code: setenv mlxlinux "run jffs2_args boot_common_args;bootm ${kernel_addr} - ${fdt_addr}" then saveenv now try 'run mlxlinux'
  7. JSLEnterprises

You should be seeing some ECC errors and then finally prompt. If it's doing a kernel panic, re-write the binary (remember, its the extensionless file inside the zip, not the zip itself). tftp 400000 <tftpaddy>:mlnxbase nand erase clean 0 1FFFFFFF nand write ${fileaddr} 0 ${filesize}
  8. JSLEnterprises

Use the file within the following zip http://www.jslenterprises.net/mlnxbase.zip save you the trouble of building the jffs2 image.
  9. JSLEnterprises

That is the max speed you will get on PCIe 2.0 (if you have an x56xx series Xeon) which the r610 is. the Rx20's and newer do PCIe 3.0 (8GT/s per lane). After overhead, your speed should be sitting ~12.7 gigabytes/s (jumbo frames or not wont make a difference) Also, make sure the card is not...
  10. JSLEnterprises

All EMC switches that were part of a dual fabric (A/B) are all MSX6012F-2BRS with their custom 'dumb' mlxos on it.
  11. JSLEnterprises

For Dell 6012F-2BRS's the part specifically to look for (that already have the gateway license by default) is 00YY0K_0YC5N8
  12. JSLEnterprises

@MikeWebb enter this in uboot then saveenv setenv rootdev /dev/mtdblock7 that space in the command is an = for the variable
  13. JSLEnterprises

Thanks MikeWebb, i got back the missing arg's for u-boot, without re-adding the extra crap that emc added. I get it to boot normally again now back to my initial problem to figure out why the initialization of the ports fail while starting up (first image). Edit: Lets see if anything...
  14. JSLEnterprises

So, no one willing to share their u-boot env args? "printenv" is all you need to do, then copy paste
  15. JSLEnterprises

The sx6012 model

F-2BFS