Recent content by jpasint

1. J

Hpe gen10 plus microserver ram upgrade?

Just an FYI - I am using this kit from Amazon and the server seems to have no faults being run in my MS Hyper-V Cluster. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZLDCYYS?ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details&th=1 Crucial RAM 64GB Kit (2x32GB) DDR4 2666 MHz CL19 Desktop Memory CT2K32G4DFD8266
  2. J

Amazon non-Intel X550-T2 adapters.

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a used Intel from Amazon.
  3. J

Amazon non-Intel X550-T2 adapters.

Howdy all. Just wondering if I should have concerns (security; ie back door fears....) about using those adapters. Seems 10 Gb cards are in short supply these days I guess due to the chip shortage? If anyone has a recommendation for a dual copper 10 Gb card I'd appreciate it. Going into a...
  4. J

X9SRH-7TF (S2011, LSI 2308, Dual 10GbE ~$500)

That's been out for a while. I've had it at least a few months now. Couldn't tell you what is different thought since I only had the previous version for a couple of weeks on my new board. It works like a charm I can say for sure. Joe
  5. J

LSI2308 on X9SRH-7F

Just an FYI in case anyone is going to try this, it works perfectly. Joe
  6. J

10GBe Card not exceeding 800Mbps

But he is already getting 800 MB/s so for sure he is not at 1Gb. I was able to get around 850MB/s with my 10GbE but I was limited by hard drive I/O. Joe EDIT My bad misunderstanding. I thought he said he was getting 800 MB/s over the wire.
  7. J

LSI2308 on X9SRH-7F

LSI2308 on X9SRH-7TF Hoping someone has an answer to this. If I flash the on board 2308 with IT mode, could I then use a reverse breakout cable to connect the HBA to an external converter/adapter for use with an external SAS tape drive? I have an LSI9207 4i4e HBA but I'd like to use the...
  8. J

Smallest mATX mini-tower for 6xHDD + 2xSSD?

I just got done building a rig with the V354B. Not much air flow for the hard drives though. If you are going to use low RPM drives then it could work but with 7200 RPM drives the heat is too much. Thought about replacing the fans but they have filters and it just looked like a mess to do...
  9. J

New Supermicro build help.

New Supermicro build Howdy folks, New to your club here but a long time lurker and big time fellow geek. Need to upgrade my small Lian Li case due to heat build up issues. I was looking at the Supermicro (SM) SC747 chassis along with the X9SRH-7TF MB. It seems however that that chassis...