Recent content by joogle

1. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

The card I i had in there is HP branded still it caused fan to spaz out, not sure how pic cards operate maybe missing some sort of driver or such when it boots
  2. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Thanks, I did not see that option to pick the port, I may just add a switch to get more ethernet ports. I've placed it in the garage for now which I recently hard wired. Another quick question, it shows there is an Advanced iLo License already in place when I went to licensing section. Is...
  3. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

One quick question, to use the 'Shared Network Port' iLo feature, in which port would I put in the ethernet cable? Now, that feature will split the functionality so my server has continuous internet access and I still am able to access iLo using the IP I assigned within that setup? thanks
  4. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

haha - thanks That makes sense, I think I will try to sell that card. The hard drive that has failed, seems like the vendor from whom I bought would be able to replace.
  5. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

:) I think I may just sell it, I am not sure why it was causing fans to spin at a higher capacity, would there be any sort of driving missing at start up? Plus I never detected it during the Array controller, etc. nor in Windows. My other question is if you see the error log I uploaded for...
  6. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

I figued it out peeps, based on what you all suggested and what some other sites were pointing to in terms of checking PCI slots. I opened the cover, saw the PCI-E riser slot and noticed a light blinking in the back, powered down everything unplugged. Took out the PCI-E Rise and see there is a...
  7. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Attached is the temperature reading from iLo in terms of threshold
  8. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

I checked the back side of the server don't see any extra plate there. I got iLo working by plugging in another ethernet cable, I was hoping one would work for both features but not sure if that is possible. Anyways here is a screen shot of the fan readings. I'm not sure what else to check to...
  9. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Thanks - do you all notice anything in the files I uploaded that I should check as to why the fans are high. Now I did a view of the full survey using HP SmartStart and it shows: PCI Slots PCI-E Slot 1 In Use PCI-E Slot 2 Available PCI-E Slot 3 Available System Slot - Type 9 Slot Designation...
  10. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Based on this response in the threads, which I greatly appreciate, just realized I can setup iLo, just need to figure out how. Now, in regards to the SmartTest bootable DVD by HP, I ran the quick diagnostic and at the moment am running the full one which is taking long. I did see a orange...
  11. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

I had no idea, I feel like a idiot. Do you know of a good straight forward guide or video that would help me set it up. Thanks
  12. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Do I need a license for ilo? I never could figure out how that works, as whenever I tried to look into it seems i need a license. I am going to open the case again tomorrow to see what cards there are, need to review the manual to see where are the PCI slots. I think there is one PCI slot...
  13. J

HP DL380 G7 Fan Noise

Hi - I just bought a fully loaded used HP DL380 G7 from working environment. Now, this system looks brand new, but the problem I notice is when I boot till I launch my OS (Windows Server 2012) the fan noise is the same. I have a DL380 G6 and it is quieter than this machine. I mean the DL380...
  14. J

Need Help with ESXi 5.5 DL380 G6 Storage

Thanks, I opened the thread in another community and woke up early this morning because it was bothering me, led me to do some searching on how to configure the Array Controller, I found the offline Array Controller HP utility that I am linking below in case anyone needs it...
  15. J

Need Help with ESXi 5.5 DL380 G6 Storage

I am in need of help, i can't figure this out. I have a HP DL380 G6 for which I installed the custom iso for ESXi using a CD-Rom, everything installed great, no errors, status of health shows all green. I have 3 hard drives in the bays, 500GB, 500GB, and 1 TB. The sensors see the three...