Recent content by Jon

1. J

VRM modify ICC_MAX to run high Current/TDP OEM processors

You are going above and beyond. I was also thinking it is probably a PL1 PL2 thing. Unfortunally i do not have the asrack board with me a this time only took the supermicro one to thinking with over the weekend. But if you are really intereested I will make time to get you those numbers a a...
  2. J

Bios 3.9 had a extra spector fix 3.4 does not seem to have. Getting closer using bios 3.4 can get nicer single core speed and still somewhat good multithread scores. Not as hight as the Asrock board but getting closer.
  3. J

had tryed the IPMI and had the same error. WIll try 3.6. Thank you
  4. J

Well again thanks for the info and the ideas for now cant seem to go back to 3.1 for now
  5. J

in HWinfo i can see the two first core go at 3.5 Ghz all other are in 3.1Ghz but in Cbr20 they fall bellow 3Ghz but power is in the 230W while I think on my other board thy were in the 3.1 3.2 Ghz range. With 3.9 bios every time I get a better multithread score my single score drop and never...
  6. J

higher then the original yes but not higher then the one i managed with other bios config change and CBR20 saying 2ghz (8610 score) in the same screencap. You updated you bios guide to 3.9/4.0 for 3.1 do you have a modded bios guide or file? Also for the 2221a making sure for X11SPM-TF only...
  7. J

ok ok will try that 3.1 bios. On 3.9 I can get the 2.5ghz detection by setting bios setion to desabled but then will not turbo up and stais a 2.5
  8. J

Thanks are you familiar with the menue in the 3.9 bios? Most setting seem not available unless you put in in custum mode and seem ti only drop performance even lower then auto/default mode
  9. J

First thing again thanks Rollo for all the work you put into this Sorry for the slow follow up but was waiting to receive my MCP2221a and also some time to play with this. So basically my X11SPM-TF (moded 3.9bios) will also post and boot with the 8259CL. But compared to the numbers I posted...
  10. J

I have modified the bios per your instruction. But have not connected a MCP2221a or EVC2SX yet. Reading other post I now understand the requirement for a valid post for bios version to update in IPMI first page. Running the update via IPMI seem to show that I have the moded v3.9 installed...
  11. J

As of now i am stuck cant downgrade back the bios to v2.0b du to a FID string error in IPMI menu and with SUM there is error because cant downgrade ME for security reasons. Will probably will get back a it a other time but with the moded bios 4.0 and both 8124M and 8259CL X11SPM-TF will not...
  12. J

for my debugging do you think 8124M would work with X11SPM and bios 3.9 or 4 so I can try swapping between them (8124M and 8259CL) for debug? My other chip is a ES that requires v2.0a to work so probably normal that it will not post with bios of 3.9 and 4.0 modded or not
  13. J

Seem I am in a similar state as the link bellow. I think I upgraded the firmware and bios via IPMI with the Systhem powered on? So ran into that ME error and reading the thread maide me realise the systhem was probably on...
  14. J

For now I can confirm that my 8259CL (shows up as 8255C in CPUz but a 8259CL in cinebench and taskmanager ) seems to work in my Asrack EPC621D8A with bios P2.10 that had a 8124M in it. So back to trying that Supermicro X11SPM -TF bios to update and old the update
  15. J

Thanks that was quick. Will try this out soon. But at the moment bios updates seem to not work on my board. I run the Bios update via the IPMI or SUM and seem to stay stuck to 2.1 bios after power cyle? So could have a bad board or a other issue to figure out first?