Recent content by Jon

1. J

Asus KNPA-U16 with Rome 7502 QS does not boot

From my personal point of view DIF-Ops got lucky or I am just plain out of patience. Asus at a minimum for the server type board really just don't get it. That people can only buy one board and not a full server with there board in them seem unreal to them. Started contacting them in july...
  2. J

Still waiting on asus to actually send the bios but keep getting changed from rep to rep and waiting on engineering. In the mean time got a bios off eBay and voila post and it works
  3. J

Have been escalated a couple of time still waiting on them to decide if I can get the bios chips. DIF-Ops how many days/weeks did it take you to convince them. Would you have a contact email I could try?
  4. J

Asus did not confirm when I asked but by trying it it sure seem like that. Some other board from supermicro you usually can do the update of the bios with no cpu on the board so I was somewhat upfull this could be a faster solution to not having a Naples chip on hand. Don't know why but it is...
  5. J

Good to hear. Currently doing the back and forth with asus support escalation. But i confirm they are at first only offering to rma the board. The send multiple different email that keep changing the case number and asking multiple time for the same info. So seems the support team vs rma vs...
  6. J

Thank you DIF-Ops Anyone else manage to do it via IPMI without a Naples chip? Does error message are not super clear:
  7. J

Hi just making sure the bios chip fix your problem as ASUS does not seem to want to send me a chip but insist on a RMA of the board. Almost tempted to send them this thread
  8. J

6x 10Gig X10SLH-LN6TF

Heat sink unit? Best guess
  9. J

6x 10Gig X10SLH-LN6TF

Was not looking for this but just stumble on it Supermicro X10SLH-LN6TF Motherboard w/ onboard 6x 10G 3x X540-T2 Nics &TPM &HSU | eBay
  10. J

860 Evo Probably too good to be true?

Samsung 860 EVO 1 To, 2,5" SATA III, Interne SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/EU) | eBay
  11. J

Ryzen raspberry pi sized

Other one a bit bigger also only one Lan connection but M.2 slot with 4pcie lane UDOO BOLT - UDOO
  12. J

Ryzen raspberry pi sized

Anyone played with one yet? GHF51 | AMD Ryzen Embedded R1000 Series | 1.8" SBC | Industrial Motherboards | DFI
  13. J

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

not sure why CPUZ does what it does but also note the Hexa channel ram witch Thread Ripper would not show. For now only have changed cTDP in bios
  14. J

No this is a epyc es chip not trx. But clocked higher. Does show the IF clock speed will influence cache speeds AMD EPYC 64 Core ROME 7742 100-100000053-04 2.00GHz(3.2GHz Turbo) 225W Processor on a SuperMicro H11SSL-i
  15. J

Probably need to play with my timing and add 2 ram sticks but for those taking note on fabric speed