Recent content by Jon Massey

1. J

Best PCIE nvme x8 800-1200GB

Picked up a used P3600 800GB for £240 last year on ebay. Worth keeping a lookout.
  2. J

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Been using my S2500-24P for about a year no problems at all. Great switch, doesn't seem fussy with transceivers and easy to comprehend CLI
  3. J

[Update: Hired!] Startups and I don’t fit: got let go yesterday

Going to an SQL Server mini conference tomorrow, I'll keep an ear to the ground for anything interesting (assuming UK is OK?)
  4. J

Video editing in the cloud?

I've not yet found a good solution for this, even locally (over GbE) I find that RDP with RemoteFX has audio lag issues in Premiere Pro.
  5. J

EXPIRED SM PWS-920P-SQ GBP 78 OBO

Ah crap, missed em!
  6. J

Looking for 16 port HBAs - what are my options?

16e + loop the cables back in via a spare PCIe slot in the chassis (which you'll have by the sounds of things as you're using a small board). potentially ugly but will save you a fortune over a 16i. If you want to make it prettier then you can get adapters which take up a single slot: e.g...
  7. J

EU FS: SC825, X8DTU-F, E3C226D2I, X5650, i3-4160T, 12x4GB RAM, Supermicro spares

Updated with more sold items. Looking to shift that Dell server ASAP!
  8. J

FISHING SCAM DO NOT CLICK STH phishing

The url and not me I hope!
  9. J

FISHING SCAM DO NOT CLICK STH phishing

Anyone else getting phish PMs pointing to servethehome.FISHING SCAM DO NOT CLICK?
  10. J

EU Supermicro sc825 single Psu 8x3,5 at 100€

I have a PDB for sale for a lot less than that - see my FS post
  11. J

EU FS: SC825, X8DTU-F, E3C226D2I, X5650, i3-4160T, 12x4GB RAM, Supermicro spares

All used but in good working condition. Free postage on everything but the Dell server and SC825 which is free local pickup/dropoff (Bristol) or £10 shipping. Open to sensible offers especially on multiples: Home lab clearout - pictures Generic Gigabit SX SFP transceiver tested working in a...
  12. J

Supermicro x9dbu-iF b7 memory error

No joy, alas. It's also not recognising CPU2. Time for a refund I think!
  13. J

Awesome, thanks Terry. I'll give that a try tonight.
  14. J

Hi Guys, just thought I'd try a "hail Mary" over here with a board I've recently acquired. My previous AIO was running a X8DTU-F with a pair of X5650s when I saw a stonking deal on a X9DBU-iF which seemed like sound upgrade to make. I've fitted it with a pair of e5-2430s and moved the 12x 8GB...
  15. J

proxmox questions

That is giving them direct access to the disks, just not the controller. Doesn't seem to make any difference.