Recent content by John Francini

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I opened it up to see if there was anything obvious (dust, parts visible from the top, etc.) - switch was clean as a whistle. I don't feel confident enough to disassmble the switch entirely to get the motherboard out and look for a cold solder joint or broken trace on the motherboard. During...
  2. J

When I said I powered them one at a time, the non-powered ones were pulled out 2-3 inches so they were not engaged in their power sockets. Sorry I wasn't clear.
  3. J

Okay. I've tried swapping the power supplies from one side to the other, and powering only one at a time, and still the same errors. One thing I note is that the fans on the right side actually do spin, but not at full speed, unlike their screaming cousins on the left side. Swapping the fan...
  4. J

Question on a Brocade ICX-6610. I bought it several months ago, and did some initial configuration on the switch, and then due to Real Life getting in the way, powered off the switch and left it alone for several months. Last night I came back to the switch, powered it on, and it won't boot. I...
  5. J

NetApp 4486 for ~$280 shipped

That's not at all bad. Now, would the shelf work with any SAS controller, or would it require a NetApp front end to talk to it?