Recent content by John Burns

1. John Burns

AM5 build, PCI-E expansion solutions. Help needed

What motherboard/ processors are you looking at? I’m considering a similar thing vs an am4/ epyc build.
  2. John Burns

X12SPL-F Failing to boot after Bios

on the cpu cooler? Yes. Now after trying Bios 1.4B i get a different error in the health log. [PC-0001] Configuration error - CPU 1 PCU Unknown Fatal error(Current Boot error) - Assertion Still fails on the same spot. I think this means the CPU is faulty.
  3. John Burns

quite possible. I think it's time to write this board off and move on to a new project.
  4. John Burns

It always resets right in the same spot. At BIOS PCI Enumeration.
  5. John Burns

I got a Xeon Gold 6346 ES QWAS . The 6336y ES stopped working after a being booted for a few minutes.
  6. John Burns

Got a slightly different processor and now it's giving me a new error and not posting. In the IPMI it says " [CPU-0005] Configuration error - Assertion " I'm running System Firmware Version 01.01.34 Firmware Build Time 11/05/2022 Redfish Version 1.9.0 BIOS Firmware Version...
  7. John Burns

WTB: Supermicro x10srh-cf motherboard

I have one of these x10srh-cf boards as well that I'm getting ready to sell. Currently is has a e5-2697v3 in it and I think have 4 32 GB ram sticks and a noctua cooler for it.
  8. John Burns

WTB: 16gb ECC UDIMM 2400mhz x4 (64gb total)

Sorry about the delay in checking. Flu season o_O. I only have 4x 32 GB ecc dims, and 8 gb non ecc dimms.
  9. John Burns

WTB: 16gb ECC UDIMM 2400mhz x4 (64gb total)

Let me check when I get home. I have some sticks i need to sell.
  10. John Burns

I lined up the dot with the arrow. I think the issue is with pin 7. My smaller test probes should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the socket link. Ordered one as a backup. I still have another blank chip as well.
  11. John Burns

I couldn't find a SOIC socket in stock anywhere. I used a MACRONIX / MX25L25673GM2I-08G chip.
  12. John Burns

I think it's the last. I'm getting smaller probes for my multimeter to check continutity. I was hoping you'd say it was something easier.
  13. John Burns

Update on this. I got the bios reprogrammed and a new chip soldered on. Now it won't post at all and shows Post code "FF", but shows the CPU in the IPMI. The IPMI lights all turn on and I'm able to connect via the web. Any guesses of what to check?
  14. John Burns

10SDV-TP8F priced to move

As a fellow Iowan I wish you all the best