Recent content by joeribl

1. joeribl

Upgrade Existing Win 2019 Std License + CALs to 2022?

Yes you are right. If you bought a Windows 2022 license, you have a right to downgrade it to 2019. And then in the future you can still upgrade it back to the original 2022 without addicional cost. The answer in the MS post was not very clearly formulated as it spoke about the purchase of a...
  2. joeribl

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

I assume this fixed the limits, but didn't magically fix 6 cores?
  3. joeribl

UK Invalid Post

Looks like a rebranded Supermicro server, with a X11SSH-LN4F mainboard. But i guess you pay for a Storage Appliance and it's special software.
  4. joeribl

10g Network cards with sfp+ PCIe4/5

No they are x8. The E810-XXVDA2 is dual port. However technically it is possible to run them on a 4x Slot, if you have an open ended one, or there are mainboard which have a physical x8 slot, with x4 connection.
  5. joeribl

10g Network cards with sfp+ PCIe4/5

The Intel 800 series is 25/10Gbit and PCIe 4.0. its SFP28. No need for PCIe 5 bandwidth wise.
  6. joeribl

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Congratulations, nice work. Shouldn't you be posting this in https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/project-tinyminimicro-reviving-small-corporate-desktops.29075/ or https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/tiny-mini-micro-pc-experiences.30230/ as this topic is exclusively...
  7. joeribl

[ The 9500T should work, it is listed in the spec sheet. Are you sure the CPU you bought actually works?
  8. joeribl

Intel X520-DA1 prices have dropped!

No free return on the order?
  9. joeribl

If you want to fry your mainboard... You need to use the appropriate Lenovo partnumber.
  10. joeribl

This is just a Gigabit adapter no? Sonnet has a 10 Gbit one: Solo10G (10GBASE-T 10Gb Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter) - SONNETTECH but it is a little bit more expensive.
  11. joeribl

EUR 40 Super Micro 4-Port 10GBE SFP+ NIC

If anybody is searching for HP brackets: https://www.electromyne.de/Accessories---Zubehoer-I-O-Shields---Blenden-Supermicro-BKT-0064L-Standard-Full-Height-Slot-Bracket-Blech-Blende-AOC-STG-B4S.html They covered me 2,99 euro for shipping to the Netherlands.
  12. joeribl

I contacted them this afternoon. They send me a link for version 9.00.
  13. joeribl

Yes, my Ubuntu was also complaining about the NVVM being to old. I havent updated it yet. I saw on the Supermicro website, that you should contact support for an updated version. So i will do that, just to see if they have any additional comments.
  14. joeribl

Intel X550-T2 vs. X710-DA2

These are sold out. But yeah they run cool. According to Supermicro typical use 4 Watt, max 8 watt.
  15. joeribl

Intel X520-DA1 prices have dropped!

If i open the link, the SFP module is 3 euro. The card is 26.