Recent content by Joel Wu

1. J

Mining: AMD Opteron or Intel Xeon

Yo greg I'm running 6238. The 61xx series was too shit. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  2. J

Hm so past few days I've tried windows server and win 10 but none of them seem to have the drivers for my switch located at the back of my c7000 enclosure. I switched back to Linux and compiled xmr-stak-cpu and let it auto configure. Strange thing is that my hash rate is still hovering around...
  3. J

Hmm interesting. I might just switch to Windows then. Which version are you running? Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  4. J

So I tried updating my BIOS, turns out I need an active HP warranty to download the BIOS from their website. These BL685 G7s are quite old, so I think the warranty on them ran out. This is real frustrating. Trying to find a workaround now. 1.1kh/s for 4 CPUs is really unacceptable. Tried a lot...
  5. J

With the taskset command I found that the hash rate hovered around 450 h/s and the - t 32 produced around 1000 h/s. That's nowhere near the projected value of 1500 to 1600 hash (double that of Jim's, theoretically). Perhaps it's something I'm overlooking. With 47 threads it only increased to...
  6. J

The input from my lscpu is as follows: Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  7. J

Thanks for your input. I was just wondering if this was what I was supposed to do. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  8. J

Hahaha no worries. I've since written off the 61xx series for Monero, but as for now, I have 4 of the processors that Jim has. What's puzzling to me is that I get ~1100 H/S as opposed to the 1500+ h/s I'm supposed to be getting. I haven't a clue as to why. I'm running cpuminer-multi with default...
  9. J

I'm installed ubuntu server on a blade. I'm a noob though, so I don't know if its different processes for 4 NUMA nodes. I don't know how to set them. Mind pointing me in the right direction?
  10. J

I finally managed to set my C7000 running with 1 BL685C G7 Blade. Those have 4 AMD Opteron 6238s in them, I'm using 47 threads on CPUMiner-Multi but the screen says I'm only getting round 1160h/s. That doesn't seem right for 4 CPUs...
  11. J

Hey man what is your powerdraw like. I have a C7000 set up with BL685 G7 blades, with the same processor. You say you only run 9 threads out of 12. Do you think running all 12 threads will make a significant diff in wattage? I'm trying to keep my wattage down, but still get a pretty high hash...
  12. J

That's terrible. What other things could I do with 50 R815 Dell servers lying around, (with 6174 Opteron processors). Surely I can mine something else with them.
  13. J

Guys I have several options regarding this. I currently have a R815 Dell Poweredge Server, with 4 AMD Opteron 6174 processors. Those are 12 cores and I thought that they would be slightly worse than the 6274 in terms of hashing power, but so far, it was dismal. Bloody 450h/s on all 48 cores...