Recent content by Joao Paulo Mello

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I bought my ICX6610 from an ebay longtime and trusted UK seller. It came all licensed reason why I paid a little more. @fohdeesha if you want I can pm the device info so you can check if the license came from you, but I believe that's not the case. Guys, someone has a spare ICX6610 exhaust fan...
  2. J

Guys, I think ICX6610-48p isn't compatible with Checkpoint branded transceiver (NIY4444FRU). I have one CheckPoint 12200 P-210 with 4/10G module (which has Intel ports) . The ICX6610-48p cannot connect at 10G with this transceiver ( only 1G), the Nexus 3048TP can do without a sweat. I have some...
  3. J

Will do. Damn! But I can live with the current noise level when the PSU's spins down...I have other stuff on the rack, some of them modded to be quiet and some couldn't be modded. So it's just another addition to the choir. I was just testing the 40g adapter on Windows, in fact it will be...
  4. J

Solved!!! Going back to the past one more time I noticed the @arglebargle post: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/page-15#post-198883 That solved for me :). Thanks @arglebargle, thanks everyone! Edit: I'm back with...
  5. J

Thanks for you reply. I did but I had to "stack disable" instead of "disable stack". The port is on vlan 1 since it's default vlan and is already untagged #show interfaces ethernet 1/2/1 40GigabitEthernet1/2/1 is down, line protocol is down Port down for 6 minutes 58 seconds Hardware is...
  6. J

Guys. Finally I got my hands on my ICX -6610-48p and it could not be different being a Cisco guy I'm having some trouble to configure the 2 rear stacking ports. I want to use as a regular port to connect to my windows 10 box but no joy. I'm using the fllowing hardware and cables: NIC...
  7. J

I was thinking about 10 meters could be an issue, but that's good to know that is not. Thanks @DanielWood for your response. I'll get two of those.
  8. J

Finally I got the balls and pulled the trigger... Brocade ICX 6610-48P ICX6610-48P-E 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch | eBay Considering the included Expedited shipping to my country, it was a good deal. Edit: @fohdeesha, I read somewhere on the thread a mention about these...
  9. J

Cisco N3K-C3048TP

First I changed the fans ( from fan module and PSU's) for silent sunon models, that not worked. So I used this: https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NA-SRC7-Accessory-Low-Noise-Adaptors/dp/B00KG3KP1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548187605&sr=8-1&keywords=NA-RC7 You can improvise with resistors but I had...
  10. J

I know this was answered before but I couldn't find it. I'm almost pulling the trigger on that overpriced 6610-48p. The switch has 2 PSU's, that's great there's a chance fans will slow down after initialization ( the nexus 3048TP has the same behaviour. A banshee with one PSU, a smaller banshee...
  11. J

Cisco N3K-C3048TP

I have updated the nexus 3840TP several times in several devices without any issues really. You just need to follow the upgrade path to the letter. IMO they are great switches for the price if you can live with only 4xSFP+. Loud as hell definitely a SOHO isn't the place for them. I have quieted...
  12. J

Thanks @frameshift18. That's good to know I'll ask them and see how it goes. Guys, there's this listing on ebay. 6610-P dual psu and it seems with 10G license installed, but too expensive IMO, even with free shipping to my country. Brocade ICX 6610-48P ICX6610-48P-E 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed...
  13. J

Rev B Dual PSU's right? Is there any way to predict the PSU's revision just by serial numbers or something? I mean, things that we can ask for the seller without the need to open the equipment? I'm willing to take a shot on 6610 with Rev B PSU's.
  14. J

Hi guys, it seems that I'm bit late for the party. Comparing ICX64xx prices (at ebay) from the first post to this one that seems crazy, you people definitely inflated the market and for me is even harder cos I have to pay $150 more for the USPS shipping if I got lucky. But better late than...