Recent content by JimPhreak

1. JimPhreak

10G Parts Advice

@Skud & @briandm81 I'm really liking the X0152 (non-POE) so far. Right now I only have about 12 of the 1Gb ports populated and none of the SFP+ ports populated but the noise is not too bad. I did take some measurements with a dB meter app on my phone but keep in mind it's hard for me to get...
  2. JimPhreak

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

@MiniKnight I appreciate your opinion on LimeTech's business practices but it's becoming a bit repetitive at this point. Your points have been duly noted.
  3. JimPhreak

UnRAID is capable of writing at 10Gb speeds to an SSD cache pool. Just some food for thought.
  4. JimPhreak

25w Pentium D-1508

I'm very torn between the 1508 and the 1518 for my storage server build. I tend to get more than I need for future expansion/flexibility which makes me lean towards the 1518 but the 1508 price is very attractive.
  5. JimPhreak

25w Pentium D-1508

We've got a price! $467 for the 1508 and $586 for the 1518. So just over $100 savings. Super Micro MBDX10SDV-2C-7TP4F-O Mbd-X10sdv-2c-7tp4f-Single. Super Micro MBDX10SDV-4C-7TP4F-O X10sdv-4c-7tp4f Single Fcbga 1667 Max-128gb Ddr4 Atx. And here is the whole lot of boards ShopBLT has. Product...
  6. JimPhreak

UPS Selection

Any link to his listing? Can't seem to find it.
  7. JimPhreak

UPS Selection

120v and 900-1000w is what I'm looking at. Should power my upcoming Xeon D vSAN cluster fine.
  8. JimPhreak

UPS Selection

Ok I think I'm going to go with a rack mount UPS since I've decided to purhase a rack cabinet for sure. What's a good price on a used UPS on eBay?
  9. JimPhreak

14u Cabinet For Home Office

Wow the dimensions of that rack cabinet look IDEAL! I too am worried about the cooling though. Hopefully someone else with some experience cooling small rack cabinets can chime in on this. That's a very interesting idea. I looked hard at that StarTech cabinet because I do really like the...
  10. JimPhreak

Dell X-Series Switches - 2 Side by Side?

That's an interesting idea. I just purchased an X1052 which has way more copper ports than I will probably ever have use for. Your idea, while costing significantly more, would offer a great mix of copper and SFP+ ports.
  11. JimPhreak

That's a 1557 though which is a lower clock speed 12 core. I'm looking for an 8-12 core with a clock speed of 2.0GHz +.
  12. JimPhreak

Is SM not releasing any 1541 or 1567 boards at all? I doesn't seem like they have any higher frequency CPU options (besides the 1587) on the newer boards with SFP+ onboard.
  13. JimPhreak

10G Parts Advice

Will do. Sound will indeed be something I pay close attention to. I will monitor the sound levels with no ports connected and then once again after I have all 4 SFP+ ports and about 12 1Gb ports populated.
  14. JimPhreak

10G Parts Advice

Just purchased an X1052 for $495 shipped last night :D.
  15. JimPhreak

Gigabit + 10Gb Switches under $550

I looked at the X4012 and it's a nice looking switch. I don't need that many SFP+ ports at this moment but I'm sure I will a year or 2 from now and I think it will be a great switch to add along side the X1052 I have coming.