Recent content by jht3

1. J

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

its a very basic setup, if you follow the vyos documentation. configure your interfaces, add a static route, add NAT rules, configure firewall. and any other services you want or need. i've been running vyos as my main fw/router for 4+ years now after growing weary of pfsense and its complete...
  2. J

@itronin i guess i didn't think it was relevant? my fw is Vyos. and you are spot on. no, i don't have a NAT rule for 172, only 10.0.0.0/16. added the nat rule and problem solved! vyos@vyos# show nat source { rule 1 { outbound-interface eth0 source { address...
  3. J

new problem. my switch can't resolve hostnames via external DNS (1.1.1.1) telnet@ICX6450-48P Router#ping time1.google.com Type Control-c to abort Sending DNS Query to 1.1.1.1 Ping Failed DNS: DNS query timed out...failed to resolve telnet@ICX6450-48P Router#ping 216.239.35.0 Sending 1...
  4. J

trying to do layer 3 routing on the switch but only two of my four virtual interfaces are in the "up" status. what am i missing? do i need a physical device plugged into an interface; tagged or untagged for each vlan? am i incorrect in assuming the ve's would come up at boot without anything...
  5. J

WTB: Brocade ICX6450-48P

and what is the license situation? i've been monitoring ebay for quite some time, and even lost out on numerous auctions, but i have been holding out hope a member here would excess one.
  6. J

Basement cleanout (KC/USA)

dang! was hoping you've grown tired of it laying around.
  7. J

bump. still looking for a 48 port POE switch
  8. J

still have that brocade?
  9. J

@tommybackeast i really want to say yes but still holding out for a 48p as i only have a few ports left open on my current 24 port switch, and am still pulling cable to some locations in the house. but thanks for checking back.
  10. J

lost out on a few ebay sales :( still looking for a switch. thanks!
  11. J

if you re-consider shipping, i'm all over that 6450-48p! i'm in VA.
  12. J

@tommybackeast from ebay and other sales here, it appears about $100. maybe up to $120 for a mint one. but in surveying my usage, i think i'm really looking for a -48P. my current 24 port switch has 5 unused ports and i still have most of a spool of Cat6 to continue my wiring project. go big or...
  13. J

Looking for a working, and ideally licensed, Brocade ICX6450-48P (no longer think a -24P is going to be enough room for growth). Seems like the going rate is $120 shipped (DC/VA suburbs), so looking for something at that price point from a member here before i try my luck on the bay. Back...
  14. J

WTB: ICX6430-24P Switch w/Rack Ears (or ICX6450-24/24P)

i've come to the same conclusion re: 24p vs 48p. the 6450-24P are in less supply and higher priced than the 6450-48P. i've only been looking on ebay for a week, so thought i'd drop into this thread as @abq is keeping it alive and i think got one? i have a hunch that those low starting bid models...