Recent content by jfoor

1. J

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I think this type of setup has been discussed previously in this thread many times. Don't remember where/when or what the results were but I know this is a common question with the 4-in-1 style systems. I also know it's talked about outside of STH.
  2. J

I would think so if they're able to go the other way II chassis w/ I sleds. But I would definitely see if more info is available online before I pulled the trigger or at least found a place or eBay seller w/ free return shipping. I know there were very minor revisions between I and II but can't...
  3. J

Well it sure sounds fancy but I guess that's all relative. Looks like you've got a lot of nice gear to play around with which is always nice :)
  4. J

Do you mind listing the specs of your VRTX or are they listed somewhere else you can link me to? I've heard of them but there seem to be a lot of different config options for them.
  5. J

Oh, well now I feel like an asshat typing out all this detailed info LOL. I would't want any server sitting in the room with me, nor a switch for that matter but sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
  6. J

(Assuming you have IPMI access..) What are your fans' RPMs and temps? (Found under Sensor Info but you probably already know this) My fans are sitting at low 8000ish RPMs Temps (All Celsius) CPU: 61 DIMM: 40 PCH: 66 MEZZ: 55 Inlet: 28 So my server rack is in my laundry room (best place I...
  7. J

You mean quieted down the fans running 100% 24/7 or once the system has booted but the fans are still running too loud but not 100%?
  8. J

Noticed something similar too. I have a C6220 II enclosure (got it on eBay, came refurbished from dell and the thing was spotless, ZERO dust). It's not listed by Dell but the C6220 I gen and II gen sleds are compatible. Little less interesting than your finding as the C6320 vs. C6200 seems more...
  9. J

FS: Dell C6220 4 Node 3x E5-2650 2.0GHz 8Core 96GB Rails

The model # of the ECC DIMMs is: Kingston KVR1333D3D4R9S/8G -- There are 4x DIMMs per sled. 8x4x3 = 96GB Total The link to the photos include a picture of both PSUs. The sleds go into the chassis and it powers on and works assuming you've installed a drive w/ an OS or it'll just POST. There are...
  10. J

FS: Dell C6220 4 Node 3x E5-2650 2.0GHz 8Core 96GB Rails

ITEM HAS SOLD Selling C6220 chassis + 4 sleds with the following layout: Dell Poweredge C6220 II Chassis--Dell Service Tag: B970DZ1 --- The Chassis was BRAND NEW when I bought it last year. It's sat in a rack ever since. No damage..just a bit dusty 1x Dell Poweredge C6220 Motherboard sled +...
  11. J

Supermicro X11SCA X11SCA-W and X11SCA-F for Xeon E-2100 Workstations

Why do these boards have a beige legacy PCI slot? I didn't know if there was some reason I'm just not thinking of or if they have a lot of people trying to run older cards in these workstation boards.
  12. J

Hmm, interesting problem. Haven't encountered this myself so I won't be much help to you. I'm assuming you've tried to reset the CMOS? You may have tried this since you mentioned the power but...have you tried pulling both of the main AC power cables from the chassis and letting it sit for a few...