Recent content by jetbird

1. J

Lot of 140 SuperMicro 2-Node 2u Servers 6027TR-DTRF

Thanks for the suggestion. I agree, rock solid machine. I have many running also. My only minor gripe is the heat sink plastic baffle. Jeff
  2. J

Yes, not a problem. 7 or 8 pallets, ~1600lbs each.
  3. J

Good suggestion, I will try that route too. Jeff
  4. J

140 x 6027TR-DTRF ; from a LinkedIn server farm With heatsinks and rails. No cpu/ram/hd. Supermicro | Products | SuperServers | 2U | 6027TR-DTRF Located in Wyoming, local pickup only. Here is my ebay auction; Lot of 140 SuperMicro 2-Node 2u Servers 6027TR-DTRF | eBay $40k Thanks, Jeff
  5. J

Anyone mining with FPGA's?

I've been following this guy for a while. FPGAs are the future of mining IMO due to the performance/power with algorithm flexibility. In one of the threads he mentions that "Apparently some guy in Germany is getting 64KH/s with Cryptonight-V7 on the same VCU1525". This is 64KH/s at 200Watts on a...
  6. J

Managing taxes when mining/trading a cryptocurrency

I started mining in 2018. I'm trying to setup a system to record mining income and trades for tax reporting. I mine/trade a dozen or so currencies, so I have multiple wallets, multiple pools, multiple exchanges... This could get complex. What is you approach to dealing with all this? My first...
  7. J

Place your post asic Monero network hashrate bet.

Check out Monero Classic/Original XMC; 900 MHs! This is probably all ASIC. Smart multicurrency mining pool & 1-click GUI miner Jeff
  8. J

More profitable use of GPU mining rigs

Nice site, but I went to the contact page Contact Vectordash "I like trains" in the bio, cracked me up. Not so sure the business model is solidified just yet.
  9. J

Monero Mining Performance

For comparison, what address are you using to mine? I am currently using; us.monero.hashvault.pro:3333 Thanks, Jeff
  10. J

I have huge pages enabled and am running 6 cores per cpu on XMRIG/Fedora. How many cores do you have enabled? Thanks, Jeff
  11. J

On your 2x E5-2680 v2 test, how do you measure power usage? What are you mining to get the hash results? Are you sure you are using E5-2680 v2 cpus? Maybe they are v3s? The best I can do on linux with the same configuration is 1080 H/S at 179W. I didn't think windows made much of a...
  12. J

Baikal Giant-N cryptonight/cryptonight-lite ASIC.......

I bet this is not the only ASIC cyptonight miner out there. There are probably others of varying design deployed already, this happens to be the first to try to maximize their roi by selling there used miners before the fork.. It will be interesting to see the hashrate delta on monero after the...
  13. J

Does ram speed make any difference in CPU mining? Thanks, Jeff
  14. J

Mining Bandwidth

How much internet bandwidth do you need during mining? Let's say you have 1000 machines mining Monero, what would be the minimum internet bandwidth requirement? Thanks, Jeff
  15. J

Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

I've been thinking the same thing. There are so many coins out there, it's hard to figure out what to buy.