Recent content by Jellyfish

1. J

EU [FS][EU-CH] Supermicro SC846 with H12SSL-C, AMD Epyc 7443P, 256GB RAM, 24x12TB HDDs

I'm not sure. As a private seller with a low yearly turnover I believe neither Germany nor Switzerland charge VAT, but I don't know what rules apply exactly if I sell from Switzerland into Germany and the server crosses the border in the process.
  2. J

EU [FS][EU-CH] Supermicro SC846 with H12SSL-C, AMD Epyc 7443P, 256GB RAM, 24x12TB HDDs

The German and French border are within reasonable driving distance, so I'd consider it. I just saw that GLS will ship parcels up to 40kg within Germany, I might need to ship the drives separately to make that possible but that should work.
  3. J

Built the server and by the time we were done we realized our priorities had changed and we were not going to be able to use it as intended. Case was bought used, all other components (motherboard, CPU and cooler, RAM, SSDs, HDDs) were bought new. The server only ran for 3 months, so they are...
  4. J

[WTB] Hardware encryption license key for IBM TS-3200 tape library

Looks like I won't be able to get a hardware encryption key, I've contacted several places, but got nothing. Glad I asked here though, as it does sound like software encryption is the better way to go anyway! I plan on using a Xeon E3-1230v3 which does have AES-NI, so that should be good. Cool...
  5. J

From what I read it seems that hardware encryption is several times faster than software encryption, which I've read can be almost unusably slow to the point of causing shoe-shining on the tape (even when reading data from fast ZFS array as data source). I already bought spares of the parts...
  6. J

Looking to ideally just buy a license, though I would also consider buying a library with the key installed on it (within Europe to limit shipping cost). I believe a license key for/from an IBM TS-3100 would also work. Please message me if you have one you could sell or know where I could get one!
  7. J

AMD EPYC Milan Idle Power Consumption

Hi everyone, I bought a very similar setup but got what I think are quite different numbers. I tested the following basic configuration: Mainboard: Supermicro H12SSL-C - BMC Firmware Version 01.00.35; BIOS Firmware Version: 2.3 (Note: HBA not disabled with jumper) CPU: AMD EPYC 7443P 24-Core...
  8. J

storage gold rush?

Any ideas how long this hard drive shortage is going to last? I need to buy 4 x 12TB for a build (not Chia, just a backup server as I'm running out of space). Gutted I didn't buy them a month ago, prices are now almost twice of what they were then.
  9. J

Power usage of AMD Epyc 7282 vs 7302P

That's great to hear, in that case I'll definitely go with the 7282! I've added a comment to the 7282 review in case someone else is confused.
  10. J

I've had a closer look now at some other STH reviews, and it's just getting weirder: The 7352 has a 155W TDP advertised just like the 7302P, and these were its results on the exact same setup as the 7282 was tested on: Idle Power (Performance Mode): 99W STH 70% Load: 181W STH 100% Load: 203W...
  11. J

Hi everyone, For my new build I've settled on going with an AMD EPYC 7002 series processor. I nearly bought the 7282 for having a low power rating with great performance. But then I noticed a strange thing about the benchmarks in the STH reviews and now I'm totally confused. The 7302P appears...