Recent content by Jelle458

1. J

Using parallel to sg_format 300+ drives

I have found the answer. When using [ ] it assumes letters. For numbers you need to use { } with two dots between the numbers. The correct command is: parallel sg_format --format -e ::: /dev/sg{2..126} All drives started the format immidiately.
  2. J

Using parallel to sg_format 300+ drives

Hello. Some time ago I learned about the software parallel: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/mdadm-create-raid-0-quick-format.41161/#post-389210 Now I have almost the same goal as previous, but I want to try and do it differently. For setup I have: Dell SFF desktop with...
  3. J

Mdadm create RAID 0 quick format

This did not work either. " Linux cannot read disks formatted with 520-byte sectors. (Nor does Windows.) If you want to use this drive with Linux, you need to reformat it to 512-byte sectors. Instructions to do this are very easy to find on the Internet. "...
  4. J

The device has no partition number. This seems related to the 520 block size. How to get it working though, I am not even sure is possible.
  5. J

My progress will be in pictures, as it's on a different machine than what I am on writing here. My first problem was to even get parallel onto my ubuntu 22.04. It kept saying it couldn't find the package, but when searching for this issue all I could find was "Just write apt install parallel"...
  6. J

This could be it, thank you! The goal is to "remove" the data on all the drives. I write "remove" because I know deleting the partition won't go far, but overwriting the partition once, then deleting it, would make the drive be seen as empty. That's what I actually care about, a drive that's...
  7. J

So I did understand this wrong. I would have to run: parallel -P 5 mke2fs -t ext4 ::: /dev/sd[d-p]1 If I do understand it correctly this makes an EXT4 partition on sdd to sdp. Now let's say I don't want to run mke2fs, but I would like to empty out the drive, so they have no partition at all...
  8. J

This could be a game changer. I bet I can use GNU Parallel and then see the full one drive in Gparted, if I understood this correct. I will look into this, thank you!
  9. J

Hello. I got a big project lined up and would love some input on how to do it. Basically I have around 400 hard drives that I need to test and delete the data from. I don't need sanitization or anything like that, just a basic "quick format" as we know it from Windows. All drives are running...
  10. J

overclocking Xeon E7 8894 v4 (x8) inside Lenovo X3950 X6 - "all core boost" ?

Jeg forstår ikke noget af det du skriver. Hvorfor skriver du ikke på engelsk, nu hvor forummet er på engelsk, og alle andre skriver på engelsk. Dumme spanioler.....
  11. J

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

I have sent you a PM.
  12. J

Sadly the newest 2GB I have is 4.23.8M. Are you able to share your EOS-4.29.0.2F.swi with me though? Newest I have is 4.27.5M. I have EOS64-4.28.3M.swi if you need a newer EOS64. I also have various other older 64 EOS I can share if you need.
  13. J

PM sent to AlbertoS.
  14. J

I have EOS-2GB-4.23.4.2M-INT.swi EOS-2GB-4.23.4M-INT.swi EOS-2GB-4.23.5M-INT.swi EOS-2GB-4.23.6M-INT.swi EOS-2GB-4.23.7.1M.swi EOS-2GB-4.23.8.1M.swi EOS-2GB-4.23.8M.swi
  15. J

I have 4.21.2.3F and 4.21.9M-INT Not sure what INT is, but maybe it can be usable for you?