Recent content by jayjay

1. J

Looking for 1U GPU AMD EPYC Server

I am looking for a 1U server that supports 2 or more GPU that takes EPYC CPU since they are cheaper Must be under $1000 on Ebay Thanks
  2. J

2699 V4 SR2JS vs SR2TF

I was about to buy a E5-2699C good thing I didn't Thanks for the info
  3. J

2699 V4 SR2JS vs SR2TF

Hello, I have a Supermicro server I got a 2699 V4 SR2JS from Ebay and it worked fine. I need another pair and found 2699C V4 SR2TF What is the difference between them?
  4. J

Motherboard with 6+ PCI slots

I am looking for a 2U that supports more than 6 PCIe slots something like the below but older generation to get it cheaper on Ebay https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/2U/2029/SYS-2029P-TXRT.cfm Thanks
  5. J

SR2J0 Intel Xeon E5-2696v4 and supermicro

Here is the reply from Supermicro This is an OEM CPU and our BIOS does not support it. This can be confusing, but there are OEM CPUs that are built specifically for certain vendors and may be modified or need modification of the motherboard to use these CPUs. The giveaway is if you Google...
  6. J

SR2J0 Intel Xeon E5-2696v4 and supermicro

Hello, I got 2x SR2J0 Intel Xeon E5-2696v4 and I have a Supermicro 1028GQ with the latest bios version I tried both CPU in slot 1 and the system just boots up and shuts down right away. I have the previous CPU when I put it back it in the system works fine. I also tried the CPU's in a...
  7. J

ES Xeon Discussion

ya I get what you mean it's pretty risky for ES I will try to stick to QS or the normal ones Thanks for your help
  8. J

ES Xeon Discussion

It was ES not QS that I tried Do QS ones work on any motherboard?
  9. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I have a Supermicro 4028 ES CPU worked with it but it did not work on a Supermicro 4029 So not all motherboards support them. There must be guide or something to show if the motherboard will accept them? Thanks
  10. J

ES Xeon Discussion

But how do you know if it's compatible with the following servers? SUPERMICRO 1028GR-TR Motherboard MBD-X10DRG-H and SUPERMICRO 2028GR-TRT Motherboard MBD-X10DRG-HT Thanks
  11. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I am looking for a 20 core V4 I don't see QS ones in North America on China. I never bought from China before not sure if anyone tried them? Thanks
  12. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I have a SUPERMICRO 1028GR-TR Motherboard MBD-X10DRG-H and SUPERMICRO 2028GR-TRT Motherboard MBD-X10DRG-HT how can I know if an ES CPU will work on them? Thanks