Recent content by Javik50k

1. J

Supermicro X11(S|D)Px bifurcation

With M.2 to PCIe adapter it finally worked.
  2. J

So finally i ordered m.2-PCIe card too. Hope it'll help (I have 2 free slots anyway).
  3. J

Flashed 2.1 today. Still no change, no SSD detected in 2nd M.2. All PCIe connections set to EFI, firmware mode is AMI Native. Don't know that i am missing now. Maybe i should just use PCIe to M.2 adapter for 2nd SSD.
  4. J

Firmware Revision : 01.55 BIOS Version: 2.0 BIOS Build Time: 11/30/2017 Redfish Version : 1.0.1 CPLD Version: 02.b6.01 Will try to flash 2.1 tomorrow. Must work with ES (3.x don't have mcodes for ES).
  5. J

These are Samsung SM961 and 970 Pro. Both are working in first M.2 slot. "AMI Native" is set. Mind using 970 Pro for OS and software, 961 (OEM of 960 Pro) for games etc. BIOS is 2.0, but anyway, i can't use 3.x for ES Xeons. Also tried to clean M.2 connector, no result.
  6. J

So, x11dph have two m.2 slots, but so far i'm unable to install second SSD. Board simply does not recognize it in second slot. Advice not to use PCIe slot 6 didn't work either. So tried to change both IOU 1 and 2 to 4x4x4x4x and also failed with same result (tried it with only videocard...
  7. J

Microsemi NV1616 NVRAM card with BBU

Hello all. Remember that NV1616 threads? I'm considering to sell my NV1616 as it is not very useful in workstation tasks. But i don't know that price will be. It comes with original supercap BBU, but no software. Will $300 be a reasonable price? Or i can exchange it for useful piece of...
  8. J

[Maybe a deal?] MicroSemi NV-1616 DRAM+Flash drives ($295 OBO)

Using this now for workstation cache. It performs nice with SCM-F100 BBU. But it does not flush to NAND correctly at shutdown, so everyday i must create new partition. So far i was unable to find configuration software for it. Is there anything that can be done?
  9. J

PMC PCA-00364-03-C NVRAM accelerator

I blame prototype firmware. And maybe - default config which i cannot change (no utils - no config) :( But one interesting fact - today i turned on PC in the morning, but partition was here. Maybe auto-backup-restore is working after all. Will continue to monitor card behavior.
  10. J

Taken with latest CDM, added mixed 70/30 and 50/50 load results with 8GB dataset (8GB for read tests, 8GB for write). Over 650kIOPS looks promising.
  11. J

I will try harder, of course. I want to configure it to auto-backup-restore and try to flash latest firmware.
  12. J

[ebay BO] RMS-200/8G PCI-e NVRAM Accelerator 360$

Remember, i'm using prototype version. I don't know what differ my card from retail. Firmware may be incomplete and buggy. But i will try to reflash it to latest NV1616 firmware. If only i'll be able to get that firmware at all. Microsemi is very elusive.
  13. J

I'm using two Xeon Gold 6148 ES on SuperMicro X11DPH-i motherboard. These are engineering sample CPUs, they have 3,5 GHz turbo instead of 3,7 GHz in retail version. Can achieve 2,8-2,9 GHz with full load.
  14. J

I'm afraid, only this so far. Driver source code pretty useless for me. Documentation is nice, but no CLI utils...
  15. J

I think, i got access to firmare, etc. I will try to flash the card later. Maybe linux hardware setup will be needed to do that.