Recent content by java

1. J

About M/B CMOS battery

I have a server with M/B : X10DRC-LN4+ Recently I've observed the following error : According to Supermicro FAQ FAQ Entry | Online Support | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc. the battery must be replaced. The battery type is : CR2032 The question is : Which battery brand to choose ? Which...
  2. J

Anyone doing ETH mining in Docker?

Yes, but how you're going to start the ETH miner in Docker ? I can understand when we're dealing with Monero, ETH is a different beast, it requires GPU.
  3. J

Anyone doing ETH mining in Docker?

I'm mining ETH, but how this is related to Docker ?
  4. J

Issue with DIMM slots on X10DRC-LN4+

j_h_o, "You've swapped CPU positions" - no I didn't, I didn't even imagined that the issue could be in CPU But it is very unlikely that the issue is in the second CPU, the server is working now, maybe not in the optimal way, because I placed the DIMMs in other slots, not as described in the...
  5. J

Rand__ The problem is not in DIMMs themselves, I tested them, all DIMMs are ok, the slots marked in image, are "bad" slots, where DIMMs don't work and that message appears during server boot up
  6. J

I've bought this motherboard X10DRC-LN4+ more than a year ago, but only now discovered the issue, because I installed the second CPU. Three DIMM slots are not working. When I install one DIMM into P2-DIMMF1, I get this error during server start up "Uncorrectable Memory Component Found...
  7. J

How to access RAID controller in runtime

In the past I used only software raid like Linux mdadm. Now I have this motherboard : X10DRC-LN4+ which has on board hardware raid : LSI 3108. I can access the management interface of raid during system boot up by pressing ctr+R. This maybe a noob question but how to enter into management...
  8. J

Issue with X10DRC-LN4+

Thank you guys for the fast replies. Basically the problem was a screw which created a short circuit located behind MB in the area of SAS controller.
  9. J

Issue with X10DRC-LN4+

Hello, I bought a motherboard X10DRC-LN4+. I powered it on, CPU and memory are Ok, I can access the BIOS. But it doesn't detect any SAS and/or SATA driver. Also a red led is always on near SAS controller. The manuals says that it means : "SAS controller error". Can anyone help me to fix this...
  10. J

Recommend me a L2/L3 switch

I had some bad experience in using Mikrotik switches. I would not recommend them. Probably you should look at a used Cisco switch, it will definitely fit your needs.
  11. J

Want to buy X10DRC-LN4+

I'm going to build a powerful server (which of course will be located in my house) based on X10DRC-LN4+ Does anyone know any serious cons about this motherboard ? Also according to the specs I'll be able to place 10 SATA3 and 8 SAS3 HDDs into it, is it correct ? Any help will be greatly...
  12. J

Hardware solution for a monitoring system

I need a hardware solution in order to build a monitoring system for my servers. Requirements : 1. Low power consumption 2. Reliable 3. Quite powerful 4. At least 3 gigabit ports (could be 100Mbit but I prefer to have everywhere gigabit ports) 5. Low noise 6. Size must be no more than 1U The...
  13. J

Why should I pay more for a server rack ?

Thanks for the replies guys. Cable management and material type are two important points worthy to pay for. I'm located in Europe, it's very hard to buy a server rack from ebay, this will cost me a lot (shipping!). Probably I'll find some used APC or Dell server rack here in my area.
  14. J

Why should I pay more for a server rack ?

I'm thinking to buy a server rack. Why should I pay $900 for an APC server rack, wouldn't be enough to a buy a chinese no-name rack for $300 ? I'm trying to figure out what features I'll get if I'll pay more money. Is this just the brand (which is not a useful "feature" for me :-) ) ?
  15. J

Issue booting Cisco WS-C4948-S switch

Hello, I encountered an issue while trying to boot Cisco WS-C4948-S switch. It gets stuck at line : Image text-base: 0X0000000, data-base:..... See the image bellow So I don't see the IOS prompt, which must appear at the end of the boot sequences. I tried to boot different IOS...