Recent content by JanCerny

1. J

SanDisk CloudSpeed ECO Gen II 1.92TB @ 125$

@hmartin did you try a different SATA/SAS controller? These drives have compatibility issues.
  2. J

ASUS Z10PA-D8 - Dual Socket 2011-3

@alffx Have you programmer like CH341? You can try modifying the latest BIOS with pre-Meltdown/Spectre microcodes.
  3. J

EU FS: Xeon Gold 6138

Xeon Gold 6138 is back in the Czech Republic. I am sick right now (not COVID-19, flu season just started), I will start a new sale thread later. Where is option to close thread?
  4. J

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

I don't think so. I have modules with the same part number from another source produced in late 2017 and it work smoothly. Faulty modules came from local datacenter, working modules from this Greek guy. I have Asus Z10PA-D8 and lot of Haswell/Broadwell Xeons. faulty PN: M393A4K40CB1-CRC4Q...
  5. J

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Be careful when you buying 1st generation 32 GB DDR4 Samsung M393A4K40BB1-CRCxxx from spring 2016! 80% of RAMs can pass Memtest Pro, however, it generates 1-bit corrected error. This testing one by one is killing me. Result summary Test Start Time 2020-08-27 02:04:56 Elapsed Time 23:31:09...
  6. J

[WTB] Looking for 2690 v2

I have one which will be available in September. I live in Europe (Czech Republic), cheapest shipping option will cost ~20 USD with up to 30 days shipping.:(
  7. J

WTB: Memory Storage/Shipping Trays

I have good experience with these ONE DESKTOP MEMORY TRAY CONTAINER BOX FITS 50 PCS DESKTOP & SERVER DIMMS | eBay
  8. J

EU WTB: Supermicro X10SL7-F, X10SLH-F, X10SLM-F, X10SLL-F or similar

I have 4x 8 GB PC3-14900E (Elpida EBJ81EG8BFWB-JS-F), so I want to buy just board. Which payment method you prefer? You have X10SLL+-F, right? Could you please check pcb revision?
  9. J

@Rand__ Are you sure? Broadwell-H support is mentioned on Supermicro site and the latest BIOS contains Broadwell microcode.
  10. J

Hello, Looking for some uATX LGA1150 board from Supermicro. It must support Broadwell (have Xeon E3-1265L v4) and two PCIe slots with CPU lanes or one PCIe slot with CPU lanes and onboard SAS (X10SL7-F). I would like to try to enable PCIe bifurcation and connect two NVMe SSDs. Don't need...
  11. J

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on ebay look strange

@kagurazakakotori Could you buy one OCP2-Pcie (model with fan hole) and resend it to me?
  12. J

10GB read speeds, not so great write speeds

Try to install Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. This edition has some LAN optimizations like SMB direct and RDMA.
  13. J

10GB read speeds, not so great write speeds

Set PCIe Maximum Payload Size to 4096 and PCIe Read Request to 512 or maximal values (if these options are available in BIOS). Both options are mentioned on the Mellanox guide and Intel Maximum Throughput for Memory Writes. I have same experience with NVMe SSD on Supermicro X9 series...