Recent content by Jamy

1. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

Other weirdness, it shows that it is connected at 10g to a gigabit desktop switch... lol
  2. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

I received a 10gtek 10baseT SFP today from amazon that is coded for Mellanox and it works fine in the card. So, it is definitely vendor lock.
  3. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

Interesting. I'm curious to see if it is a brand lock thing or something else. I have a 10gbaseT model that claims to be coded for Mellanox on the way for testing.
  4. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

I have the same cards in two servers running on DAC's to my switch. Are DAC's not vendor coded?
  5. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

Is there a tutorial somewhere for how to do that? Thanks
  6. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

I'm not sure if they are compatible or not, that's why I'm posing the issue here :) Hoping those more experienced with Mellanox than I have an answer. Mellanox lists the card as able to use SFP+ and SFP28. MLX5CMD indicates the below, so it seems to recognize it, but windows still shows the...
  7. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

It's Dell re-flashed to generic Mellanox.
  8. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

I see there is a Mellanox log in the winodws event logs. Is that where I would find power levels? Thanks,
  9. J

SFP-10G-T for Mellanox?

I have 6com SFP-10g-T modules, they work in both my ubiquiti switch and my extreme networks switch. They don't seem to work at all in the Mellanox MCX4121A-ACAT cards I have. Can anyone recommend SFP-10G-T modules that are known to work? Thanks,
  10. J

List of NICs and their equivalent OEM parts

Dell CX4121C seems to be a Mellanox MCX4121A-ACAT
  11. J

Mellanox ConnectX-4 CX4121C firmware

I was trying to get the Mellanox firmware not dell, as the dell firmware won't work in a non dell system. MCX4121A-ACAT seems to have been the answer it seems to have flashed correctly.
  12. J

Awesome! I found a reference on fs.com that indicated that was it, but wasn't definitive. So, the Huawei link is at least a corroboration.
  13. J

I threw the cad into my windows box: Device #1: ---------- Device Type: ConnectX4LX Part Number: 020NJD_0MRT0D_Ax Description: Mellanox 25GBE 2P ConnectX-4 Lx Adapter PSID: DEL2420110034 PCI Device Name: mt4117_pciconf0 Base MAC: b8599fbe1ade...
  14. J

Is there a way to find that in linux without having the mellanox tools installed? It's currently in my XCP-NG box which doesn't have all of the dependencies available to install the tools in XCP repositories.
  15. J

I picked up a couple of Dell/Mellanox dual port 25g cards and they are listed as CX4121C, and the dell .bin file for updating firmware says my system is not supported. Anyone know what the equivalent mellanox model number is? Thanks,