Recent content by Jammminjay

1. J

Long duration UPS without completely breaking the bank

I've considered this, but for my use cases I don't think it's in my favor to go this route, so long as the other route is viable. With the AC -> DC -> AC conversion 24/7 like in your case, you're spending a lot more on power usage than you would be with a standby UPS system due to the...
  2. J

CPU and GPU are by far the biggest sources of power consumption - drives (SSD's especially) are nearly negligible in the grand scheme of things. Would you mind checking what model your APC is? There's quite a lot of differences from one to the next. It's nice to see what models other people...
  3. J

Awesome, thanks. I think the trend I'm seeing is that the wider frames tend to have better cooling included. I would also imagine that true(ish) sin wave machines generate less heat too, so I wonder if the tall and slim true(ish) sin wave units would work well, too. They'd cost a bit more...
  4. J

I'm not looking for a generator. When I say that the UPS should, "run for an infinite runtime without overheating" I'm not stating that I plan on running it for hours or even days at a time. I state this because most consumer UPS systems would overheat at high power demands in just a few...
  5. J

Hello, The short version - I'm looking for a UPS system that isn't going to be *too* expensive and will allow me to sustain ~600W or so of power from batteries without overheating no matter the runtime, as I plan to hook the UPS up to external deep cycle batteries. If I could find a good...