Recent content by JackAss

1. J

How to use SSD with locked 520 bytes block?

Mine looks like are from EMC (on the label there is and EMC P/N) but I will read throughtfully that link, maybe something can be used also on my ssd's...worth a try :)
  2. J

That's what I was thinking but I cannot find anywhere the firmware of the 512b version (MTFDDAK400MAN-1S1AA) if anybody can provide it I try to install it
  3. J

Hi, yes I understand this, can you help with the correct command? Trying dd with 512b sector and using /dev/sg1 and /dev/sdb: root@PowerEdge-R620:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sg1 bs=512 count=384710861 dd: error writing '/dev/sg1': Numerical argument out of domain 2+0 records in 1+0 records out...
  4. J

Hi, I re-executed everything in that link: Drive recognition and info: [ 143.737644] scsi 0:0:3:0: Direct-Access ATA P400m200-MTFDDAK 0239 PQ: 0 ANSI: 6 [ 143.737654] scsi 0:0:3:0: SATA: handle(0x000b), sas_addr(0x500056b37789abf0), phy(16), device_name(0x0000000000000000) [...
  5. J

Ohh you are referring to the link above, sorry I did not understand this, I already tried everything in that link post and in the comments and unfortunately nothing worked, I can repeat everything taking logs if needed to help to achieve a solution
  6. J

I think that here the problem is in the first point, seems that the firmware does not allow to init the drive struct changing the sector size from 520b to 512b. Can you provide instruction on how to init drive struct and zero the SSD? I think you are referring to the "sg_format -v --format...
  7. J

Hi, I have some of them too and same problem... I tried without success the sg_format, the blocksize util, scu, dd, camcontrol and probably some other that I don't remember, I tried in windows and linux, I can try also in solaris but I don't know well the system so I cannot install the utility...
  8. J

Micron P400m - 520 byte to 512 byte - firmware lock?

Hi, I have some of these SSD, anyone has found the firmware of the 512b version? If someone has it and can send it to me I can try (if I cannot fix them they will go to trash so it's not a problem if i brick them trying). Thanks!
  9. J

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Thank you, yes I don't need to boot from the H710 so I did not flashed the BIOS and now that I had some time to test I saw that I can pass the hdd connected to the H710 directly to the VM in VMWare ESXi, they are seen directly from the VM and the SMART status can be seen inside the VM, this is...
  10. J

Hi fourlynx, thanks for your reply, yes I checked yesterday and the disk activity led are working, I would have liked also the health led (I think one of the disk have problem...) but the more I'm studying the IR-IT mode difference and more I understand how those thing work (I'm starting my home...
  11. J

Hi, I just registered to the forum to say thank you to fohdeesha (and all the STH forum where I'm starting to learn a lot for homelab!!!), I followed your guide to flash to IT mode my H710 D1 and the procedure went perfect. I didn't flashed the BIOS as I will probably be using it in a FreeNAS or...