Recent content by Jack Berry

1. J

Looking for help to identify this server (RACKABLE SYSTEMS)

Got the server today, will upload 2 pictures now and a video if possible, it’s a really old system and looking on eBay the hard drive controllers are 2TB limit. But they are individually plugged in with SATA cables and has a standard size motherboard and layout so could be upgraded easily to...
  2. J

With it being in the US I'm guessing it will cost a bomb to get to me in the UK
  3. J

After reviwing the pictures again and looking at the RAID controller I can confirm its a max of 2TB at the controllers, I'm guessing I can use more bigger HDD's with a new PCI RAID card, But again 2TB should be the max I'll need for now
  4. J

I don’t think the seller has any 3TB drives and I don’t either. I have 2TB drives so would this not be an issue for me? As it will be filled with 1 and 2TB drives I have the only one I have bigger is a 4TB in my gaming PC I could try I guess. But it’s just the speed it runs at I’m thinking could...
  5. J

I have more pictures!!!!!! Storage server - Google Drive
  6. J

I wish I could. But I saw this system for sale online so I can’t yet test to find this out or see what system it is. Alls I know is that it works and only got the pictures provided. I’ll ask for some more and hopefully inside pictures as well as this would be useful to knowing motherboard...
  7. J

Thanks! This as helped me loads. I do mind the noise so stripping it and using just the case would be perfectly fine for me as the Xeon in there is old and sh*t, and for only £30 UK it’s a bargain for something that can hold 16 HDD’s. But let’s hope it’s something I can work with, if not then it...
  8. J

Good idea, I've done it on google drive, IMG_5514.PNG IMG_5515.PNG I'm just looking for a JBOD to put a load of HDD's in for different thins, I dont need speed. But I would like be able hook it up to my other server with QSFP if possible, If not then just do it over network
  9. J

The one I'm looking at looks simular to this, I havent been able find a picture online to one that looks the same, So its confusing. I'm getting this server for £30 so I think it's a cracking deal and could be sold for much more If I don't or can't use it
  10. J

It won't let me upload any photo's?! And I know, But I want it for a JBOD
  11. J

I’ve been looking for a JBOD server and come across this “RACKABLE SYSTEMS” and not much in the description. So I messaged and asked for more information and got this back as a reply it is a dual processor intel xeon SL73L 2.4GHz server, with 2 x 3ware SATA RAID controllers with battery backup...