Recent content by Ixian

1. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I know Ebay prices fluctuate quite a bit so deals may still be had but I rarely see the equivalent 7x series go for less than double a 6x. The 6450 is still in the $100 or even sub $100 range for non-POE models and is a great switch. Certainly the 7250 has additional features like 40gb for...
  2. I

I've come a long way in figuring out my own questions re: Camera VLANs but would appreciate it if someone could give my config a once-over and point out if I'm doing something wrong: Created vlan 20 and added 4 POE camera ports as untagged SSH@tubestation(config)#vlan 20 name Cameras by port...
  3. I

Can anyone assist me with a config? I have an ICX6450 that I upgraded to 08.0.30tT313 (last version available I believe) and I want to isolate my POE cameras from the rest of my Lan. My Blue Iris NVR server is on port 1/1/5 and my cameras are on 1/1/15 to 1/1/19. My pfsense firewall is on...
  4. I

Asrock X570D4U-2L2T Build

I could never get it to work in either m.2 slot; tried a couple different brands of adapter and switched the bios settings for the m.2 from nvme to sata but made no difference; these adapters aren't passing sata through or there's some special board setting that's missing. I've never seen the...
  5. I

Can anyone assist with a simple config? Apologies if this is pretty simple: My 6450-24p is working fine and I've swapped the fans for KDE1204PKVX's so it runs quieter. Now I want to get proper VLAN routing set up. My setup is straightforward for a home: I currently run everything on one...
  6. I

I am running 3 of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M5LIUK5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and they work fine, though they've gone up in price by a few bucks from the looks of it. Still cheaper than they used to be. As Zombielinux says you are better off with the...
  7. I

By that math I don't know why you think the 8 core/16 thread 5800x would work for you either :) You expect all those cores to be hitting high utilization at the same time, all the time? Still seems extreme to me.
  8. I

Your use case is a little light on details but the 5800x is most likely complete overkill for what you are trying to do. You'd probably do well long term with even the 3600.
  9. I

The confusing part is, usually those adapters are marked as working with U2 drives only (like the Intel SSD 750). Some Amazon reviewers/users state they didn't work with SATA breakout. However I don't know if that is simply because they tried it in an M.2 slot that was for nvme only (no SATA)...
  10. I

Thanks. I had seen that before; in looking it's not available in any channels yet (or at least ones I can find) but I reached out to Asrock. This one...
  11. I

I'm upgrading my Ubuntu NAS/Docker server to this board and a 3700x. I'm using OpenZFS for 8 10TB Red drives as my NAS storage and 2x Red SSDs for Dockers/OS. I also have an Intel PCIe 4x 3700p nvme that I have partitioned for caching and a SLOG for the ZFS array and finally a Quadro P2200 for...
  12. I

Who is the fraud, Unifi or Citron research?

It's not about them going under. It's about short-sellers wanting to knock double digit percentages off the stock so they make a buck. Everything else is just noise, whether valid or not.
  13. I

Zeus V2 : U-NAS NSC-810A | X10SL7-F | E3-1265 V3

Proof is in the pudding, as the saying goes: Here's my two file servers built around Node 804s, stacked on top of my gun safe in my (ventilated) closet: The 3.5 hdds (8) are on the other side of the motherboard. Here's what that looks like, from my build thread: The 2.5 ssds (2) are behind...
  14. I

If you are going up to that size, we're back to the Node 804 :) I won't repeat my earlier post in this thread other than to say I've gone through this exercise a few times now and it always wins. Once you get past the whole "but it doesn't look like a NAS case" thing you'll quickly find that...
  15. I

Again, that form-factor only works because they are using custom PCBs for their mainboard and built the power supply in to the chassis, among other design decisions. Most of the AIO NAS manufacters (Synology, et all) do this - you can't compare apples to apples here, because it's apples to...