Recent content by IvanM07

1. I

Anyone have newer bios files for the D1541D4U-2T8R than are available on Asrocks site?

As far as I know all 3 work, I had a GPU in one, the ceascent/nvme in another and the 3008 all working. Unsure if they setup the link at say 8x 4x and 4x but it was working for me when I was testing it and I believe the m.2 slot was at 1x if I recall correctly.
  2. I

Anyone have newer bios files for the D1541D4U-2T8R than are available on Asrocks site?

You would know more about your particular setup and what you need, but if you have a hba that uses 8087 and just don't want to rewire them, you could just use an 8087 to 8643 adapter. I never had any cooling issues on this board even with just the single fan I had blowing over the CPU. Then...
  3. I

It worked fine for me, the bios will show some options that won't work for the board however. Both PCI-E devices are only 8x and the board will show x4x4x4x4 as an option for a particular slot for example. I had wanted to use it as a 4-port for U.2 NVMe. I ended up just using a CEACENT...
  4. I

Asrock Rack D2143D8UM last EFI/BIOS and BMC/IPMI firmware files

Apologies for resurrecting a dead post. I was interested in doing this for my D2143D8UM more for just the knowledge and having a new skill (and tools). Is there a decent how-to anywhere on the site I may have missed? Thanks!
  5. I

Changing the filename worked! Thanks again! everything seems to be working and bifurcation options are in the bios now!
  6. I

Sorry got pulled into an emergency change meeting will update with pic and try in a few
  7. I

On this one Instant Flash is an option under bios, it does a quick scan of the files on the Flash Drive and says none found. Is there a certain utility I should use under the UEFI Shell? Sorry if I'm not making sense, could be this board is a bit different? I'll take a photo of the option in...
  8. I

Thanks for that, appears as though instant flash isn't taking it, tried 2 different fresh formatted USB Keys. I'm guessing a hardware programmer will be needed. Is there any resource or how-to I can read for how to do that? Edit: Same thing through IPMI as you said lol, but I figured I'd give...
  9. I

So I should try to use a .BIN file with instant flash for this board? I see what you mean about 1.30, but not about what filetype or update method for this board.
  10. I

How do you update using this file? It doesn't seem to be in the .30 file for Instant Flash or a .EXE for Win/DOS. Thanks for this! Was looking for this for a bit!
  11. I

Intel Xeon W-1300 and W580 motherboards

I think I offered $275, but he wouldn't come off more than $10 But it was about half the price of all the other 1390P's so I took it. It will be tight on PCIe slots. I currently have a LSI 9361-4i, X540-T2, Perc H710P, Quadro P2200, and Intel I225v For this build I'll just be using Quicksync...
  12. I

I purchased the x12SCA-5f as an open box and made an offer on the 1390P which was used from an ewaste supplier, I had a spare Evo 970 2tb I decided to put to use. I think the only thing that was new was the ram from Crucial/Micron since it was cheaper new than used Ebay and homelabsales prices...
  13. I

Really wish I'd seen this before Purchasing the 1390P and X12SCA-5F. I currently have a X10DRH-i with 2x 2667v4's. After feeling depressed for not getting a job I'd been interviewing 2 months for I decided to pull the trigger on upgrading the server lol. Bought a 1390P, 128GB ECC UDIMM...
  14. I

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

I don't know if this will help anyone but this was just a quick script I made for my two ESXi hosts that run on startup in /etc/rc.local.d/ and have worked well so far. I have 2x 1u X10SRI-f and all fans are 'CPU' fans, so there isn't any finesse to the fan settings in this script. I didn't...