Recent content by ivan98

1. I

Help on home storage pool

OK I get it. This is like what I said about RAID10. When I run low on space, I pop down to get x number of same-size disks. RAID1 or RAID5 them, then add it to the pool. Pay x disks and get x-1 disk of usable space, where x>=2. If x=2, it is RAID1; if x>=2, it is RAID5.
  2. I

Help on home storage pool

In my home Linux server, I’ve a bunch of disks, which is pooled to provide storage for my media (and backup and .... stuff). Now these disks weren’t born in a day, but accumulated over time (couple of years). Today, I’ve a total of 5 disks: from 1TB to 2TB, hanging off an IBM M1015 (good...
  3. I

Compatibility of X10SL7-F with LSI SAS 9207-8i

Well, perhaps not X10SL7-F specifically, as it is very new. But what about older stuff (like X9 or X8 series) with similar onboard LSI 2x08 chips? Will "LSI 2x08 on a card" conflict with "LSI 2x08 on the mainboard"? Currently on LVM2, explored ZFS but eyeing Btrfs. Nothing firm as yet.
  4. I

LSI RAID Controller and HBA Complete Listing Plus OEM Models

Of the X10 series of new mainboards from Supermicro, only the X10SL7-F comes with onboard LSI HBA. Link is http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon/C220/X10SL7-F.cfm
  5. I

Compatibility of X10SL7-F with LSI SAS 9207-8i

I'm contemplating between two Supermicro main boards: X10SL7-F (with a onboard LSI2308) or X10SLM+-F (without). If the former, I'd probably add 1 more LSI 2x08; if the latter, I'll add 2 x LSI 2x08 - to get a total of 16 SAS ports at the end of the day. My question now is, are there any...