Recent content by IronForge

1. I

VMWare VM Migration 5.1 to 6.5

Good afternoon. I recently migrated 6 HP BL660c Hosts running esx/vcenter 6.0, to 12 Cisco UCS B200 M5's running esx/vcenter 6.5. The approach I took was doing a cross vcenter vmotion. I'm not sure if it is available on the essentials license. You can migrate the machines hot. Here is a...
  2. I

Supermicro IPMI not pinging, unable to access

I have that same motherboard model, just got it and configured it about 2 weeks ago. 1. Mine was a used board and didn't have the default IPMI password. I had to boot from USB stick, run IPMICFG tool to reset to default. 2. Check your DHCP server, your IPMI should be picking up a DHCP address...
  3. I

SuperMicro X9 ESXi

No case yet, just parts sitting out on my test bench. Going to see if it will fit in my spare Fractal Design case, if not I will need to purchase one.
  4. I

SuperMicro X9 ESXi

Been wanting to build a small server for a while.. for firewall, plex server, network storage, and security camera server. Been buying bits and pieces here and there. Installed esxi 6.5 free edition without any issues. I was able to pass through the 4 port SCU - mini-SAS to SATA breakout...