Recent content by iotapi322

1. I

cheap / used server board with most PCIE lanes

Yeah the mining motherboards are crazy expensive right now. Like $300 plus
  2. I

cheap / used server board with most PCIE lanes

Needs a bit of advice from some of the server motherboard gurus. I'm doing some crypto mining and most cheap motherboards only support 6 GPU's. This is usually related to the number of pcie lanes that the board has, most of the time it's 8 pcie lanes. My research shows that the intel C242...
  3. I

System absurdly underperforming on Madmax plotter (chia)

I agree with this ^^^ I think you might be thermally throttled or something like that. I have a dual cpu e5-2640v4 board with 160GB of ram( so 40 threads in a RAM disk) and it takes me 31 mins to make a plot.
  4. I

I never have to adjust the turbo on my cpu in linux, the motherboard handles that.
  5. I

Your swinging for the fences every time, change your threads to 16 are your hard drives in a raid array? What does your /etc/fstab look like?
  6. I

I run exclusively on ubuntu with a dual e5-2640V4 with 192MB of ram - I have another system with an i9-9900k running with an nvme. I can tell you that reading all the posts, I don't think this stuff runs very well on windows. It was really designed for linux. The 256 buckets uses less RAM...
  7. I

LSI 9211-8i in Dell R710 storage slot

I don't think you have the command lines right there. use this guide https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/detailed-newcomers-guide-to-crossflashing-lsi-9211-9300-9305-9311-9400-94xx-hba-and-variants.54/
  8. I

DL380 G6 requirements to upgrade included SFF bays to SATA 6GB/s speeds

I have one of these sitting in my junk pile now, any time you put ANY different than HP card in one of those guys the fan speeds up to ludicrous speed. The included raid card ( i forget the name) is ok. I mean you aren't going to run freenas or do any ZFS on it, but other than that it was fine...
  9. I

Fun with an MD1200/MD1220 & SC200/SC220

I have a question about this disk shelf, I pulled the second controller so that the shutup command would stick, also so that I didn’t have to deal with the multi path. But by me doing that did I limit myself to just 3gbs bandwidth? I am only using one sff8088 cable.
  10. I

THE CHIA FARM

If you look at the code it's not doing anything interesting. Also I've checked my ports on the machine that's doing this work and it's not opening anything.
  11. I

THE CHIA FARM

straight up NVMe's and on the old e5 just an old samsung 840 Pro SSD... Working on getting my raid0 disk array with 15 disks up again. This has been a fun learning lesson in reliability and redundancy.
  12. I

THE CHIA FARM

Guys, I can generate a plot now on an old e5 first generation in under 3 hours. https://github.com/madMAx43v3r/chia-plotter The guy implemented the whole plotter in C++
  13. I

THE CHIA FARM

Microcenter has WD external enclosure 8TB for $150
  14. I

move linux zfs pool to truenas

Hi, Not sure what the issue is, but I have a fully functional raidz1 ( yes i know) under ubuntu. Works fine, I can export and import it no problem. When I try to move it to a new trueNAS install I'm told that it is corrupt ( but it's not because when I move the disks back to ubuntu it's...
  15. I

THE CHIA FARM

Well looking at the github repo his changes are performant, nothing strange or terrible. I'll throw this into my build in a docker container when I get some time tomorrow and give it a whirl. I think the big improvements and the reason you won't see this pulled into the mainline is that...