Recent content by IonutZ

1. I

OOPS - PERC H740 - All drives (16) Unconfigured Bad (Unsupported) after botched sg_format

The only other controller I have on hand is a Broadcom/LSI 9400 flashed to IT mode (sas/sata profile) - does that qualify?
  2. I

OOPS - PERC H740 - All drives (16) Unconfigured Bad (Unsupported) after botched sg_format

Amazing. Thanks for the response. What is an example of such a standard HBA you are speaking of? @zac1 lives out of his garage.
  3. I

Long story short... SSHd into the machine with the PERC, sg_formatted 16 drives at once in the background, and lost the session around 25% lol. So all the drives are showing up as Unsupported Bad in BIOS. I thought the background & formats would be fine and that I had learned from the botched...
  4. I

LSI 9400-16i with PowerVault MD1200 and EMC SAE

The MD1200 is going to be decommissioned but I wanted to be able to move the data first and I ran out of PCIE slots lol so I upgraded to the 9400.
  5. I

Just wanted to update people... if you ever run into this issue, please ensure that you have the connector plugged in the right way... f'king SAS SFF8644 goes in both ways apparently lol. Turned them over and seeing both enclosures now...
  6. I

Hey! Maybe you can help me understand what's going on. I upgraded from a LSI 9200 to an LSI 9400-16i figuring I can connect 2 enclosures to it. LSI 9200 was feeding the MD1200 in IT mode, no problem. Since I got the LSI 9400-16i (with 4 internal ports), I had to somehow translate them to the...
  7. I

WTB: 10TB+ SAS drives (16-20 drives)

Looking for a decent deal on some drives (at ITAD / Recycler prices, not ebay lol). If you are trying to offload some please let me know. Ideally all drives are same capacity / brand.
  8. I

(all sold) [FS] [US-Seattle] Very High-end Servers (added a couple more!) and 2 x amd genoa 9654 LOTs of Pictures now!

Hey, how come you don't leave sold prices in your thread... would be great to reference to understand what things are worth.
  9. I

WTB Dell R640 R740 for testing purposes (or Windows Server 2019 2022)

I have silvers, golds, platinum xeons, both 1st gen and 2nd gen... RAM as much as you want from 2666 to 3200. What's the budget?
  10. I

WTB Dell R640 R740 for testing purposes (or Windows Server 2019 2022)

Got a couple of R740s, what are you willing to pay?
  11. I

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

@zac1 has the largest SuperMicro warehouse outside of their HQ. Bought a crazy amount of RAM from him... came packaged better than if Samsung shipped them. He goes above and beyond... ships stuff overnight. Probably works for the government so watch out. Other than that, awesome to deal with...
  12. I

240w TDP Xeon Gen 1/2 Scalable Compatibility? 8175M / 8272CL? Dell R740?

I'm getting a couple of Dell R740s and found some 240w TDP Xeon CPUs... just curious if there's any way to make them work in an R740. Also considering buying a couple of 8272CL CPUs rated at 195w but they're not on the compatibility list... any reason why they would/would not work?
  13. I

Dell R740 support for QS / ES?

Thank you for your reply. I don't care about that one in particular... I suppose I'm curious whether people have hands-on experience with ES/QS on the Dell Rx40 14th gen platform
  14. I

Dell R740 support for QS / ES?

Hey there, Was just wondering if anyone had any luck with ES / QS CPUs on the R740. I see these Platinum 8xxx CPUs going for low enough that I'm willing to explore what one would look like. For example: Intel Xeon Platinum P-8124 SR2YS 18-Core 3.0GHz 3.7 Turbo LGA-3647 CPU Processor | eBay...