Recent content by Ionitor

1. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

As far as I can tell, the Cisco mini-USB connection has the USB-to-serial conversion happening in the Cisco equipment itself. The linked cable is just straight-through wires -- in reality, any 5-wire mini-USB cable would work. The ICX models with a mini-USB connection, on the other hand, are...
  2. I

The seller said that they had no idea whether the reversed pins was an error or if that cable is not intended to work with the ICX 7250/7450. So, sounds like it's not the right option. I'm either going to make my own cable or order the double-adapter others linked to.
  3. I

Had a tickle of suspicion, so I tried reversing the send and receive pins (2 and 3) on my manual DB9 bridge and booted the switch again. I started getting text instantly! So, as a heads up: do not buy the DB9 to Mini USB cable linked to by vangoose above (current listing here, sold by...
  4. I

Speaking of the 7250 and serial communication... I just got a 7250-24P off of eBay. I also purchased the DB9 female to USB mini console cable that vangoose linked previously. However, I cannot get any response from the switch (serial or otherwise). The power LED and ID #1 LEDs turn on, but...