Recent content by Insulin

1. I

X570D4U-2L2T

Hey guys Sorry to be such a big noob guys. Please I need some guidance. I have just recieved my motherboard from Germany (www.sona.de). I didnt buy anything else yet. Purpose of server: 1) High end gaming via windows virtual machine with GPU passthrough via UNRAID 2) Plex media server 3)...
  2. I

X570D4U-2L2T

I was hoping to create a ZSF pool with maybe 5-6 drives in each VDEF with raid 5 or 6. Its going to be really slow & painful but I dont think I have any other choice. I kinda wish that motherboard supported Intel because I know their quicksynch feature is really good combined with a P200 for HW...
  3. I

X570D4U-2L2T

After my partner got me a Zappiti Ripper for my birthday I went nutz & bought about TEN 14TB external WD drives (My Book & Elements). I got a really good deal for them here in the UK (about £200 per drive - yes I know still expensive!). So I went mad & started ripping everything I could get my...
  4. I

X570D4U-2L2T

Thank you so much. Thats really useful.
  5. I

X570D4U-2L2T

Thank you so much for this really good advice. I am a noob so new to all this stuff to be honest. Should I go with the Ryzen 3950x then ? I want enough power & cores so I never have to think upgrading this server for a very long time. Thnx again
  6. I

X570D4U-2L2T

Hello I am building a server with Unraid and ZFS inside for a plex media server with some VM's for my smart home with about 160TB worth of media (with possible future expansion of capacity). I was going to get the X470D4U2-2T but the X570D4U-2L2T is out I am not sure. Could someone point out...