Recent content by inf3rno

1. I

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Thanks! I'll buy Mellanox MC2207411-SR4L or Finisar FTL414QB2C transceiver. Most probably the latter, because it is good for longer than 30m distance too. I need this short distance only temporarily, but if it is not possible, then I'll solve it with a single longer cable and a cable channel...
  2. I

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Afaik the connector part is very expensive by these cables, while the fibers are relative cheap, that's why length does not matter that much.
  3. I

Thanks! I did not know it. Is there anything else I should know about this MPO/MPT standard? Does the direction matter? How long is the shortest cable possible I could use between keystone modules? What is the minimum bending radius for such cables? Are there flexible ones?
  4. I

I had some time to think about this. I managed to find a 2x8 bifurcation riser for my mobo so I can add both dual port HP Mellanox cards finally. I still did not buy the transceivers and cables. I just checked that both the Mellanox MC2207411-SR4L and the Finisar FTL414QB2C has MPO connector. I...
  5. I

I checked meanwhile on amazon and ebay. You were right MTP is very expensive compared to OM4+LC and a lot more complicated as well. Since optical cables break easier than transceivers I'd rather go with the more expensive transceiver.
  6. I

Well I started with 10 Gbps. I want to finish this 56 Gbps project too. Maybe after it I'll check 100 Gbps, but for now this would be enough for M2 SSD speed. :-) I'll check these MTP cables. I don't need really long ones 5-10 meters at most.
  7. I

I wanted to use OM4 LC/LC keystone modules to go through wall with it and have a proper keystone wall plate. I'll have only 4 devices and only one of them needs such a wall plate. I can keep the others near to each other. Looks like something like this exists, but I am not sure I can buy it from...
  8. I

Yes, this writes it too: EMC 019-078-048 QSFP 4x14G FDR 85C XCVR, MPO, 850nm, FTL414QB2N-E5 Mellanox 56GB | eBay that it works with Mellanox. Thanks, great info again! :) What kind of patch cable can I use for MTP / MPO? I wanted OM4 LC/LC, but I guess that is a completely different story.
  9. I

Ohh and it is cheap as dirt. I am not sure about compatibility though.
  10. I

What kind of transceivers do you use for 56Gbps? I found on the Mellanox website that only Mellanox MC2210411-SR4 is compatible with them and it is rare and more expensive than the HP cards I bought. Is it possible that cheap Cisco SR4 transceivers are compatible with these cards?
  11. I

It is hard to find them second hand, they are still expensive compared to CX3. I just bought 2 dual-port HP CX3 for $60. Or maybe a half brick, I'll figure out next week.
  12. I

You can do it with Mellanox cards and it is cheaper than a QSA.
  13. I

PCIE gen 4.0 to gen 3.0 plx bifurcation

C_Payne writes here sometimes: PCIE Bifurcation you can ask him if you want a custom card. As far as I remember he was working on PCIE 4 support, but I don't know if he managed to do it. I don't think the PCIE 4 -> PCIE 3 conversion is possible with keeping the bandwidth and doubling the lane...