Recent content by inf3rno

1. I

Mellanox ConnectX-3 on Proxmox 7.3

ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
  2. I

I tried this, it writes only 7.6 Gbps SUM. Looks like the x2 speed is really true with this card or it is even slower. Not sure how that happened, or why it doesn't use all 8 lanes.
  3. I

When put both in ETH mode and do the following: ip link set dev enp10s0 up ip link set dev enp10s0d1 up then ethtool writes that "link detected". Does this mean that it works properly? I have another weird thing in dmesg: [ 1.092182] mlx4_core: Mellanox ConnectX core driver v4.0-0 [...
  4. I

Thanks! I tried ethtool, the following is the result: Settings for enp10s0: Supported ports: [ FIBRE ] Supported link modes: 10000baseKX4/Full 40000baseCR4/Full 40000baseSR4/Full...
  5. I

One of the ports is in IB mode, the other in ETH. OFED tools don't exist, because afaik. proxmox has only inbox drivers. In the case of inbox driver the option 1 is working, but it is not persistent, the option 2 is not working, I don't have RDMA, I have not idea what it is or how to enable it.
  6. I

Thanks! Then I rather don't do it, I cannot reinstall it, the computer doesn't have a videocard or IPMI.
  7. I

In theory the port name would start with ib instead of en in that case. But I'll check it.
  8. I

Well it looks like I don't know what I am doing. Somebody wrote what I did is just doing memory - memory transfer and doesn't use the network cards at all. The main problem that they are not active in proxmox. :S
  9. I

I solved it meanwhile. Needed nano /etc/default/grub GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=" pci=realloc=off" And I added bridges for both ports: nano /etc/network/interfaces auto lo iface lo inet loopback iface enp9s0 inet manual iface wlp8s0 inet manual auto enp10s0 iface enp10s0 inet static...
  10. I

Thanks! I am completely new to configuring interfaces for it. I can see the ports in proxmox, so in theory the correct driver is loaded and it is in ETH mode, but I don't know what is the next step or how to do it. What I see in the proxmox gui that the ports are not active, but they are...
  11. I

Checked again dmesg says "missing UAR, aborting".
  12. I

If so, then why isn't the network card working?
  13. I

Hi everyone! I have a Proxmox 7.4-17 with a Debian 11.6 (“Bullseye”) on my computer. I have the following network card: Device Type: ConnectX3Pro Part Number: ... Description: HP InfiniBand FDR/Ethernet 10Gb/40Gb 2-port 544+QSFP Adapter PSID: HP_1370110017...
  14. I

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

I recently tried this and it did not work. It wrote that the firmware is not made for the HP card. So I guess Nvidia updated the firmware and added some protection against flashing cheaper cards or idk.