Recent content by Incroyable HULK

1. I

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware

Hello, thanks for posting this. I just got two HP Cards delivered and I was hoping to flash the firmware to 2.10.720 When I try to do so I get the following warning. Not sure what I should do: -E- PSID mismatch. The PSID on flash (HP_0F60000010) differs from the PSID in the given image...
  2. I

Comparison: Intel i350-T4 Genuine vs Fake

Thanks you so much for this post. :) I was wondering why the hell those cards are so inexpensive coming from China and Hong Kong. I was going to buy from USA sellers but looking at all the evidence you provided they also seems to be fakes. I ended up buying used but genuine Intel cards... All...
  3. I

Seagate 1TB Constellation SAS 16MB vs 64MB Cache.

Mmmm... your P/N is ST1000NM0021 and not really available here in Canada I can backorder the ST1000NM0001 from my suppliers @ 165$ each or get the ST31000424SS in 24 hours for 150$ each.
  4. I

Seagate 1TB Constellation SAS 16MB vs 64MB Cache.

Hello all, I couldn't find any review so I tought I might ask here I am building a ZFS (NexentaStor) SAN (RM31616/X9SCM/1230/16GB/M1015@9211-8i/Intel 10GBe CX4 & 520 SSD for caches) for my XenServers and I was thinking about buying 10x 1TB Hard Drive like the Seagate Constellation SAS: 1-...
  5. I

Anyone buy external drives then remove them?

Absolutely NOT! I wouldn't want to do that. The first part is to remove the plastic stripe surrounding the side and top of the enclosure but then I was stuck... so I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN2ikVYBLK8 The CLICKs and POP sounds are loud and frightening in the video but...
  6. I

Might be the consequence of the restructuring after the floods in Thailand... they probably make less models. I must point out that the serial number on the enclosure and on the drive are never the same. Anyway I keep the original enclosure (and use the USB3 dock!) just in case.
  7. I

Funny you ask... I just bought 2x 3TB Seagate GoFlex External Hard Drives (for 169$ CAD each) and I removed one of them from the enclosure. The interesting part is that the drive inside is a Barracuda XT 7200RPM with 64Mb of cache and best of all a warranty check with Seagate on the bare drive...
  8. I

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Thanks MiniKnight. I will look in the NexentaStor documentation about this. :) All I want is the XenServers 1 & 2 to be able to "see" the content of the NexentaStor SAN and get the benefit of motion & copy between the XenServers... all this without an expensive 10Gbe Switch.
  9. I

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Hello all, First post here. Awesome site btw, I was glad when I found I was not alone doing this kind of stuff! :D Anyway, I have a question and I was hoping you guys can help me answer this. I am in the same boat about 10Gbe switch... I am currently building a NexentaStor SAN for use with 2...