Recent content by im.thatoneguy

1. I

Celestica Seastone DX010 - SONiC in L2 mode, need your help

I don't think it's functional. I used a QSFP to SFP physical adapter and that worked when configured for split 40g. (And then plugged in a 10G baseT QSFP)
  2. I

PCIe 4.0 HBA's?

His blog got replaced with browser hijacking malware. So every link was distributing fake ransomware.
  3. I

PCIe 4.0 HBA's?

DO NOT CLICK LINK. MALWARE.
  4. I

Fan speed control on supermicro X12

Correct x30 is needed on *nix and 30 on Windows depending on the host. Also on some linux setups you can just use ipmitool and it'll connect directly without an IP Address or password if executed locally as root. ipmitool raw 0x30 0x45 0x01 0x01 ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x66 0x01 0x00 0x27...
  5. I

Fan speed control on supermicro X12

# Set the fans to full # SMCIPMITool.exe IPADDR USERNAME PASSWORD ipmi raw 30 45 01 01 #Set zone 0 to "27" SMCIPMITool.exe IPADDR USERNAME PASSWORD ipmi raw 30 70 66 01 00 27 #Set zone 1 to "27" SMCIPMITool.exe IPADDR USERNAME PASSWORD ipmi raw 30 70 66 01 01 27 Replace "27" with different...
  6. I

Crossflash Oracle CX556A to Mellanox OEM?

No progress here. And my Supermicro server won't boot with it installed so I'm very eager to flash it and see if that fixes it.
  7. I

Crossflash Oracle CX556A to Mellanox OEM?

Has anyone cross flashed a CX556A to Mellanox OEM firmware? I tried: flint -d mt4121_pciconf0 -i fw-ConnectX5-rel-16_31_1014-MCX556A-EDA_Ax_Bx-UEFI-14.24.13-FlexBoot-3.6.403.bin -allow_psid_change burn but got: -E- Burning FS4 image failed: Changing PSID is unsupported under controlled FW...
  8. I

Enable Dynamic Buffer on SONiC?

Ahh you beat me too it! I was just working back through the stack as well. Great idea to just review the config scripts. And at least that explains why it isn't enabled in a Celestica by default (or at all). A double bummer because Nvidia (Mellanox) have better docs than Microsoft.
  9. I

Enable Dynamic Buffer on SONiC?

I'm attempting to follow Nvidia's guide on setting up QoS/Buffers/PFC for SMB Direct for the first time and the guide says: but when I try to run a command like their example... admin@sonic:~$ config buffer profile add myHOprofile --xon 19456 --xoff 30720 It errors with "This command can...
  10. I

Celestica Seastone DX010 - SONiC in L2 mode, need your help

sudo sonic-cfggen --preset l2 -p -H -k Seastone-DX010 >/etc/sonic/config_db.json not sure what the -p flag does, but it does generate a proper config. Also "Seastone-DX010" not Celestica-DX010 for the sku.
  11. I

What do you call this type of rack slide/support?

Bummer. @nasbdh9 I know you've done a lot of experimenting with the DX010, is there a generic 4 point rack solution that is known to fit/work with the DX010.
  12. I

Celestica DX010, although that hasn't really produced any results either so I suspect it wasn't an oem slide.
  13. I

My switch came with the switch-side hardware for this slide but I'm not sure what I need to be shopping for on the rack side. A little round bolt just slides into the groove for support. Not sure what to search for on Amazon or ebay. Anyone know what brand/patent/style of switch slide this is?
  14. I

Looking for switch reccomendations.

One router should be fine. Yes you'll need a managed switch since you'll have to identify which ports are on which vlan. You can tag vlan at your NIC but if a user can change vlan tags then you won't get any security benefit since a hacker with admin/root could just remotely change the nic...
  15. I

Looking for switch reccomendations.

If you're an attractive security target and not needing high bandwidth... all the more reason to deploy a separate firewall\security appliance\router with Deep Packet Inspection/Intrusion Protection. Even an enterprise L3 switch's firewall is going to be both underwhelming in performance and...