Recent content by iLya

1. I

HGST 10TB He10 and Intel 200GB S3700

Tried to checkout with Paypal and it no work :(
  2. I

Cryptonight mining and RAM

To give you an idea, I have a Dell C6220 node running with 2x E5-2670 V1 and populated with 128GB Ram that gets me a combined rate of ~970 H/s using Windows Server 2016. I have a Dell C8220 bare MB with 2x E5-2680 V1 with 1 x 8GB (the smallest stick that I had) running WinPE 1703 and that gets...
  3. I

Cryptonight mining and RAM

The only thing that you should worry about is making sure that your OS is not starved for RAM. CryptoNote protocol is CPU L3 cache bound so you will never even utilize RAM for anything related to mining. Example, I have a HyperV host running ~6 VMs of varying sizes and I run the miner on that...
  4. I

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Sounds like a fun project you did there. I am looking to build a cluster of these servers to do some home lab testing. I actually figured out how to boot this board into a WinPE environment through the PXE -> iPXE process. Eventually I will get this hooked up to my FreeNas iSCSI storage through...
  5. I

Huh, interesting that it doesn't have those end connectors on the MB. I didn't pay attention. Well I've got some testing to do with it and see if it works for what I need it to do. Right now I have my current node running with E5-2680 but its eating up a bit too much power for what I want to use...
  6. I

@igoresz, I actually ended up buying a C8220 my self since I could not get the c6220 node to work and I was able to successfully flash BIOS to version 2.7.1 as well as the latest version of BMC v2.62 and everything is working just fine for me. If you are still able to get to the BMC, maybe you...
  7. I

The board part #: 9N44V This looks like a Gen II C6220 MB I tried all sorts of power up operations along with MA firmware reset and CMOS/BIOS reset. I am able to get into the BMC interface over HTTP once it loads but I get no video and when I attempt to launch the iKVM from BMC, I get no output...
  8. I

@drabadue, Thanks for all of the time that you've put into answer questions but I need to ask you for a favor and help me troubleshoot my C6220 board. I was able to connect the power supply and the 2 LEDs do the correct blinking procedure and I get the green power button to light up. When I...
  9. I

Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Adapter Card ConnectX-3 CX311A $12 obo + $15 Shipping

I did install the WinOF package but the firmware was still older than what was available. I ended up having to download the firmware directly from their site and using flint tool to flash it to the latest version.
  10. I

Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Adapter Card ConnectX-3 CX311A $12 obo + $15 Shipping

@0xbit, Here is a link to the simple comparison that I found on the Mellanox website: Adapter comparison The biggest things that I see are related to RoCE v2 support (Routing) and hardware offloading for Overlay Networks (VXLAN/NVGRE) which are important for SDN (Software Defined Networking)...
  11. I

I am starting to play with the cards as well and so far I am finding that the firmware is slightly outdated. If you are interested in updating the firmware, you can download the MFT package from Mellanox using this link: Mellanox Firmware Tools MFT User Manual In the manual they have a section...
  12. I

@0xbit, I guess I am still hopeful and here is why: User ophirmaor in the community thread is explicitly stating that RDMA is supported on both types (VPI and EN) and that Pro supports RoCE v2 but non-Pro supports v1 Reading the WinOF (not WinOF-2) user manual which can be found here: LINK is...
  13. I

I sure hope you are wrong in that statement. Reading documentation it doesn't state anything regarding only Pro versions having the RDMA capability: http://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/prod_adapter_cards/ConnectX3_EN_Card.pdf
  14. I

Great news @britinpdx, I purchased 2 of the cards under the first deal and then regretted that I didn't get more even if I couldn't use them all, I could have at least have some spares. When I realized that the same seller was selling more cards, I got more of those cards through a offer so I...
  15. I

@hakabe, have you tested your cards yet? with the normal price of ~$80-$100 a card on ebay for something comparable, I am wondering if this is just an awesome deal or if someone made a different mistake or sold a bunch of untested cards.