Recent content by ihateire

1. I

VRTX and M630 woes

i sadly haven't had time to swap the midplane lately, but i'll update as soon as i'm able!
  2. I

VRTX and M630 woes

no luck even with four PSUs, unfortunately- still seeing the same behavior. i have a midplane replacement lying around already, thankfully, and it's looking like that's the most likely explanation for what's going on. if midplane replacement turns out pointless, is there anything else i should...
  3. I

VRTX and M630 woes

that definitely gives me hope. i've dreamed of owning one of these for years now, and i'd be heartbroken if i had to get rid of it.
  4. I

VRTX and M630 woes

i'm running dual 1100w PSUs at the moment until i can grab two more, and there don't seem to be any bent pins. my suspicion is that the midplane may be wonky and since replacements are inexpensive (i got mine for $33 on ebay), i'm gonna give replacing that a shot next week when it arrives.
  5. I

VRTX and M630 woes

i currently have a single active CMC installed and on the latest firmware- all i get from the CMC is that the blade is present and healthy, but i don't get any other information.
  6. I

VRTX and M630 woes

i grabbed some logs from the CMC- not sure how much help these will be. Jan 22 22:37:20 CMC- thermald: HandleChassisPowerStateChange: chassisState [2] - read blade[1] power state Jan 22 22:37:20 CMC- thermald: HandleChassisPowerStateChange(): FAILED to query Blade-1 power state. rc=20744...
  7. I

VRTX and M630 woes

hey friends! i was recently blessed to find a VRTX and M630 in my budget, and after sourcing a few parts that weren't included (namely: backplane expander, CMC, SPERC8, and power supplies), i've found that i'm having trouble actually getting things to work. i've had two M630s now exhibit...