Recent content by IceDragon

1. I

And so it begins

Sorry, no. Most the parts I printed were modified versions of things on Thingiverse. I'm glad to share my STL's with "this" group, but in this case there's just nothing very unique to pass along. I'll keep you posted if that changes. I would love to see the SteamOS take off more and take...
  2. I

And so it begins

I'll post a few pics soon... though the logos and drive bay mount are pretty much all that's been 3D printed. I keep thinking at some point I'll do a full system case, but spare time has been in short supply lately. More info soon. -Matt
  3. I

And so it begins

Just built a custom Steam OS system and built some of the insides of the case using custom 3D printed brackets to mount an ATX board into an ITX case. At some point I plan to print the whole case game console size with custom cooling routes... but that's a time issue right now. It takes it, and...
  4. I

Remotely controlling your 3d printer. How do you do it?

I'm really digging what I've read on the Octoprint software. Is there any good step by steps for a greenhorn like myself on the Linux/Pi side of things. I'm not new to that world, but I've slept a few times since I kind of fumbled my way around it. If not, no worries... I'll fumble around some...
  5. I

And so it begins

I completely agree with what the other person said. My MakerBot 2X was a dual head as is my F306. I'm not a fan at this point. While it's nice to have the two color possibilities there's some inherent issues that aren't being talked about and should be. 1) They're a son of a @#%@ to level...
  6. I

And so it begins

This is one of the largest prints I've done to date... just for the fun of it. I'm a fan of the American McGee Alice game. Someone on thingiverse figured out how to pull the cat's geometry from the game. It doesn't look half bad at almost a foot tall.
  7. I

And so it begins

Hi Everyone. Thanks for the invite to the group Patriot. This is awesome. First off a little background I've been 3d printing for about 3 years now and have worked pretty closely with several groups to help my company get up to speed with it. My experience has been with primarily three...