Recent content by IanCutress

1. IanCutress

Patrick on the AnandTech Podcast 041: Let’s Talk Server

He left big shoes to fill.
  2. IanCutress

STH Official Meetup Group

Looks like I'll be flown out for the other event. Will see if they'll extend the stay to loop this in as well :)
  3. IanCutress

New Linux-Bench request: Firefox Compile time

Fails on same place. configure: error: installation or configuration problem: c++ compiler cannot create executables So this is the script determining if gcc works. On a base LiveCD install, it seems it does not...?
  4. IanCutress

I'm not on Github, but I tried both @Patrick and @Chuckleb 's command lines on a base 14.04 LiveCD with root user enabled. Both instances fail with the build/make commands, complaining that gcc can't create executables.
  5. IanCutress

Anand used to run a Chromium compile benchmark (in windows) which was well received. Obviously with all of this there needs to be a constant build version for repeatability, so it might be worth hosting elsewhere... >VLC? VideoLAN - VideoLAN developers - VLC media player >OpenOffice? >Second...
  6. IanCutress

I'm getting several emails a month to include compilation tests (or, compilation in a VM) when I review a processor, hence my request to Patrick. Yeah, there are a lot of factors involved. I/O could perhaps be less of a bottleneck by using a RAMDisk? Or retests, making sure we get a fresh...
  7. IanCutress

Linux-Bench results at AnandTech

Added in a few APUs to this list.
  8. IanCutress

Thanks everyone :) Updated the list with some AMD FX results and a few more E5 v3 pairings.
  9. IanCutress

Hi all. I'm the main workstation reviewer at AnandTech. Patrick has kindly let me use Linux-Bench for our CPU reviews. I've split out a few of the more interesting benchmarks for our reviews, and comparisons can be found here: AnandTech | Bench - CPU Here is a list of my current published...