Recent content by I_D

1. I

WTB/WTT: 8x Fusion-io ioDrive2 FP brackets

If anyone knows where these brackets can be purchased, please let me know. I'm looking for a few of each profile.
  2. I

FS: *SOLD* Synology DS1812+ and 7x 3TB WD Red SATA drives

This is a well known issue on DS1812’s that is easily fixed by locking the broken tray with the included key. I checked tray prices and they are overpriced.
  3. I

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Does anyone know where to order a few LP brackets for iodrive 2's? (or other brackets that match the holes) also: thanks acquacow for the awesome info here!
  4. I

EU Fujitsu Primergy TX300 S7 (E5-2620/32GB RAM) - 100€

Wow, unbelievable. Can a mod please close/lock/delete this thread, I had no idea this dude was a scammer. Sorry Zeynel!
  5. I

EU Fujitsu Primergy TX300 S7 (E5-2620/32GB RAM) - 100€

Servidor Fujitsu primergy TX300 S7 E5-2620 32GB RAM 2x500GB SAS Windows 2012 COA | eBay
  6. I

The NUC based home lab

Good idea to start a resource and consolidate all the info we have on these. To those of you who own one, please report the power usage, as well as the spec you have? (what is in your NUC) I plan to get me some NUCS as well to start a low-power cluster with. Some cool links I found while...
  7. I

WD Mybook 8Tb shucking

If anyone knows a trick to getting non-WD drives to spin down once you've installed them in the old enclosure, please let me know! Also, feel free to reply if you have anything to add to this post. I will try to keep it updated with all the interesting info I can find.
  8. I

An internal 4xSSD module for SC846/SC847

Hi David, do you think you could make a version that has less spacing in between drives? SSD's don't really get hot, and I need as many SSD's in as little of a space as possible. This bracket, with 8 SSD's would be perfect.
  9. I

WD Mybook 8Tb shucking

Added some more info. Let me know if you guys want more pictures or information on anything else
  10. I

WD Mybook 8Tb shucking

I started this new thread to document some of the findings with these shuckable mybook drives. Did not want to continue polluting the Great Deals topic I have for them there First look Untill I'm done with the burn-in, there's not much to post here yet, so here's a picture of how they...
  11. I

WTB - Chelsio CC2-N320E-SR - High profile brackets

Found the 3D printer plans: Chelsio CC2-N320E-SR Dual-Port PCI Bracket by Bulliteshot Anyone got an idea on where/how to get this printed for cheap? I'm EU based.
  12. I

EU Amazon - WD Mybook 8TB - 149€ - [inactive]

I will post some pictures once I get them, which should be end of the month. They have to go through badblocks etc first on usb3, which will probably take a few days as well. :(
  13. I

I'll use an [active / inactive] in the topic so people without price monitors know when it's back up :)
  14. I

Us poor Europeans finally get our own bestbuy schuck story, this time through amazon. Point your browser to your favorite amazon and look for "WD Mybook 8TB". They are down to 149 € now, which according to my camelcamelcamel is the lowest they have been. Good luck grabbing these guys! If you...
  15. I

List of NICs and their equivalent OEM parts

wow, excellent thread, hope this gets stickied! maybe crosspost it at the reddit homelab wiki?