Recent content by hyltcasper

1. H

HP BladeSystem 20/40 F8 switch and Mellanox Nics

I need to connect mellanox nics to hp blade system 20/40 F8 switch. The problem with that finding a compatible cable below 50 usd. The HP BladeSystem switch is not even compatible with all hp cables. At the other end, it should be compatible with mellanox. I need 8 qsfp+ 40G cables. It is...
  2. H

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

It is too expensive. I am going with 2 of Asus 4x cards. So 8 nvme. I hope they will work on dell R730. I will try at the weekend. Now I need storage software that exposes nvme drives as NVME-oF.
  3. H

Storage Recommendations for Blade Servers

Anyone runs a kind of storage with BTRFS filesystem for ESXi?
  4. H

Yes it is production but I don't have enough money. The servers placed on Tier 3 Datacenter. There are 2 datacenters with 160km distance. Second site is just storing daily backups and hasn't enough resources to run workloads. It already works without storage without an issue for a 1 year because...
  5. H

Yes I have 40G network between blades and outside. I want to place the storage outside of blades. I have 8 bay Dell R630's.
  6. H

I can't complete the setup in my mind. There is single HP C7000 blade server with 32 CPU and 4 TB of memory. I need 30 TB usable storage space. It should be fast enough for virtualization kind of standard web servers. HP Bl460c Gen9 only supports a pair of 2.5 Sata drives. I don't want to...
  7. H

Redundant Switchless Network

100G switches are too expensive. If the cluster doesn't have more than 5 hosts this topology is considerable.
  8. H

Can I combine 40G and 100G networking

Hi, I need high speed low latency storage network. I will use drbd with NVME RDMA. The replica count will be 2. First is on the host, second is on another host. My virtualizaton is vmware esxi version 7 based. RDMA is important because, I can't rezerve cpus to storage instead of the...
  9. H

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

Very good information to know. Thank you for share.
  10. H

Mellanox CX4LX - 50GBE MCX4131A-GCAT

The seller does not shipping to Turkey. I would like to buy 4 of this.
  11. H

S2D slow write (no parity & NVMe cache)

Have been manually change PLP flag solves the speed issue? If yes, power issue is very simple. There are many capacitor backed nvme pcie cards. JEYI MX16-1U M.2 NVMe Ugreen NVME Card Asus hyper m2 v2 I think the capacity is enough. If not, you can increase capacitor capacity by soldering same...
  12. H

I want to buy 4 Mellanox Nics

I see only MCX354A-FCCT model as dual port in Offical Mellanox Documents
  13. H

I couldn't confirm too.
  14. H

Thank you for comments. I added some detail in my post.
  15. H

I am looking for ConnectX 3 Pro, 4, 5 and 6 dual port models. Shipping to Kocaeli, Turkey. Max budget is $250, $500, $1500, $2000 for 4 Thank you for reading.