Recent content by HomeLabber

1. H

[FS] [US-MA-BOS] Homelab Liquidation (Lenovo Rd550 dual xeon, pci cards, SSDs, z wave , etc.)

Hey everyone I am liquidating most of my homelab as my kiddo has taken over most of remaining free time previously taken up with homelabbing. Almost all of this hardware was purchased originally by me under warranty - the few items purchased otherwise are notated. Creating my post now, which...
  2. H

Relatively new Supermicro JBOD Power Board - CSE-PTJBOD-CB3

I can confirm that I still get sensors on 1.33 with a sas2 backplane.
  3. H

US - Wanted: Norco 4224 or 24bay chassis

I might have one for local pickup if you’re near Utah.
  4. H

Apologies for the post necro! I never posted my install images from when I converted my JBOD from the CB2 to the CB3. Someone messaged me about my install and I wanted to share these in case someone finds them helpful. Hopefully these help folks out - pics are both before and after I swapped the...
  5. H

HGST 1.6TB SN200 U.2 NVMe - $195

1 left
  6. H

When I installed mine - I just mounted it using one of the existing standoffs where I had removed the cb2 board (so it wasn't screwed down through all of the holes). I found the pictures but I'm having a hard time uploading from my phone while I'm out and about - I can upload when I get back to...
  7. H

Making SC846 quiet?

My sc846 with the B3 jbod controller is inaudible under load. I have the entire front of the chassis filled with 5400 rpm drives with mostly 7200 rpm drives in the rear.
  8. H

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Still showing $299 for me
  9. H

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

I'm in! Ordered 1
  10. H

Netgear XS708 and XS712 switches

Nice! I have a XS712T that I am very happy with - I would have probably picked up another one at these prices
  11. H

Chelsio T420-BT (dual port 10Gbase-T NIC)

thinking about grabbing a few of these. I have intel x540-t2's deployed and I am kicking myself for their lack of RDMA support
  12. H

Newegg via eBay: *Refurbished* Intel SSD DC S3700 Series 2.5" 800GB $200 Shipped

Wanted to pick a few more of these up but it still won't let me purchase via ebay... thought it would let me order after 3-5 days as another poster mentioned (which I am well past). Just got ebay 8% back offer today too :(
  13. H

FS: Unifi 48V POE Injector

I have a few of these deployed and they have worked flawlessly for me. I don't use Unifi switches, but the unifi software works quite well and keeps the APs automatically updated etc. With that said, I like the power of my edgemax lite 48 port of the unifi equivalent, despite the single...
  14. H

Looking for SFF-8087 Cables

I've only bought other cable types from them, but cable matters, which @Boddy mentioned, have always been quality for me. I ordered some cat5 and coax from monoprice recently that didn't disappoint. All anecdotal given that you're asking about 8087 cables though