Recent content by homelab74656

1. H

25gbe sfp28 adapter for Dell r430?

I am trying to outfit my Dell r430 with 25gbe networking. Dell QL41232HLCU, is what I am looking at. My main concern is that the card will not ramp the fans. Does anyone know if the above card is compatible? I tried a hpe BCM 25gbe and it worked fine, but the resulting fan noise was terrible.
  2. H

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

At this point I think you're right. I was thinking that perhaps I got one of the cards that apparently only works with fiber SFP's and not direct attach, but after this latest test, that doesn't appear to be the case.
  3. H

Crazy enough, 1020 to 1020 works great too! So Connectx2 to Connectx2 works great. 1020 to 1020 works great. But Connectx2 to 1020 doesn't even light up!
  4. H

Ah, I haven't even tried that. I'll test that out tonight.
  5. H

I am using Brocade branded active 1M direct attach twinax. The cable goes directly from each 1020 port to each Mellanox card. If I unplug the Brocade, and connect the Mellanox together instead they work fine.
  6. H

I've attached two screenshots to this message.
  7. H

Unfortunately I can't even get that far. I have the Mellanox cards connected right now and they are working fine, so I'm pretty sure it's not a software configuration issue in vmware. Unless I forgot to install something driver related. But the ESXi host sees the 1020 just fine, it just...
  8. H

I got the ethernet driver installed in ESXi for the 1020. I hooked it up to the two Mellanox cards with a 1m brocade active sfp+ direct attach cable going to each. Unfortunately all hosts show the link is down. If I hook the two Mellanox cards together, they detect each other fine. The...
  9. H

Mellanox Connect X2 to Brocade 1020 SFP+ direct attach

I have 3 HP G6 proliant servers that I use at home. I recently bought two Mellanox Connect X2 cards (single 10gbe port) and a single Brocade 1020 (dual 10gbe ports). I have put them in my servers, but I have still not purchased 2 cables yet. I have been reading today that the Brocade 1020...
  10. H

I recently got a Brocade 1020 for $40 including shipping on Ebay (I guess prices have gone up). Anyways, I have it installed in an HP DL180 G6. I am running vmware ESXi 6.0. The adapter is detected, but I have an issue. It is only showing up in my storage adapters as a Fiber Channel type. I...
  11. H

10Gb SFP+ single port = cheaper than dirt

I tried offering him $30.00. He instantly rejected the offer though :-(
  12. H

Send another offer in, with a message that states, that they sold a pair to others for $28, is this a special deal only some people get? That's what I did, no response though
  13. H

Thanks for the help. I just made another counter offer for $28 and asked if the deal was for everyone, or just some users. I guess we will see!
  14. H

The esiso guy is not taking less than $34 for two. Has anyone else been able to get them for less?
  15. H

I just put in an offer of $26 for two of the cards, hopefully he accepts it! Does anyone know if this works with ESXi 6.0? If not, I guess I can vt-d it to one of my W2K12 R2 guests. Any suggestions on a SFP+ direct attach cable? The servers are sitting on top of each other, so I only need...