Recent content by hoekma

1. H

Installing OpenSSL 1.1.0 on Ubuntu

Thanks Patrick, I am trying to get this to work and not having much luck. It looks like the make install step finishes but my OpenSSL version doesn't update. On Ubuntu 16.04 with all of the apt-get update / installs I did the following: 1) From home (~) wget...
  2. H

Dual E5 2670 workstation motherboard recommendation

Do you know what the differences are between the SC2600CO4 and the SC2600CP4? According to THIS page they look identical. EDIT: Never mind...found the answer. Looks like it's all in the PCI slots available. Found it HERE for the CO and HERE for the CP. s2600CP: 1 x PCIe x16, 5 x PCIe...
  3. H

Dual Xeon XenServer Motherboard Recommendation

Thanks for the reply! Do you have experience with the Supermicro running XenServer? Making sure I wind up with something to support the Citrix OS is the main thing I'm trying to figure out in this thread. The SuperMicro X9DR3‑F isn't listed on the XenServer compatibility list. I'm okay with...
  4. H

I will look forward to the new post on the v3. How much difference in the power consumption? Looking at an annualized basis that might make the cut if it saves enough money on the electric bill.
  5. H

Thanks for the fast response! I had planned to put it into a tower, but hadn't considered the rack mount idea. No reason not to get a little rack I guess.
  6. H

Hi all, First of all, thanks to others on this site from whose experience I have benefited while researching a motherboard for a dual Xeon 2670 build I've been contemplating. Thanks especially to the guys from THIS THREAD As a software developer, I'm looking to build something at home that...