Recent content by Hindsight

1. Hindsight

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

You can put and pull the transceiver if it's on. No big deal. Long as server is off when you put the card in.
  2. Hindsight

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

I'd grab one of the cx-3 dual port that go for about 28~35 on ebay. Cross flash it and put it on your windows box. Run opensm on the same windows box and flash it through that.
  3. Hindsight

Just give it a day or two break and try some more, it took me 2 days, loud as hell in my room. One of the guys last week had the same problems with port not coming up. Are you running the open subnet manager? ports won't come on without it. He had to buy a DAC before it worked for him.
  4. Hindsight

Shows I'm good and lets me set it on the port.
  5. Hindsight

I finally got my FDR Cables and when I attached them they connect at 40GB. I switch them to 56 GB in the web console and they now show down. VMware only lets me select 40000 for speed. Is there anything else I need to do to get this to work? My nics are cx-3
  6. Hindsight

Yes it does, And you can update the firmware on the switch directly but I haven't tried it. You can pm mpogr for instructions.
  7. Hindsight

I think it might have taken a long time (30-40 minutes) I was about to power it off when it came up, after the first time it has always been quick.
  8. Hindsight

Thanks, That could have been useful for another switch I replaced fans in, will keep it for future. This switch to me isn't that bad when booted into mlnx-os. The EMC boot is extremely loud though.
  9. Hindsight

Ahh that's always fun. If you ever re-do it add some conduit so you can run new stuff easily.
  10. Hindsight

At what price? for $39 you can get mellonox branded ones from fs.com
  11. Hindsight

http://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/prod_management_software/MLNX-OS_ETH_v3_6_3508_UM.pdf Mellanox switches support out-of-band (OOB) dedicated interfaces (e.g. mgmt0, mgmt1) and in-band dedicated interfaces. Scroll to 4.1.5 In-Band Management Edit - Some of that was blank, This may be...
  12. Hindsight

Least it's working. I went all DAC for my servers and only using fiber to my desktop and other 10gb LCs with the mtp - 4x LC breakout cable. DACs are nice and cheap.
  13. Hindsight

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

Click on that top link you quoted "http://www.mellanox.com/page/products_dyn?product_family=32&mtag=windows_driver" Scroll down and click on WinOF Download Select Archive Versions Click on 5.35 Select Windows Client Set OS for 7 Download
  14. Hindsight

Back end storage for ESXi Datastores and RDMs?

Support costs extra for lots of commercial products. You can actually pay for support for freenas, or linux. If you're running a product you should understand how it works. Just because it's free/opensource doesn't mean it isn't reliable.
  15. Hindsight

Back end storage for ESXi Datastores and RDMs?

You can say that about any product, free or commercial.