Recent content by hifiaudio2

1. H

Synology DS1817+ vs new RS2418+

I was not really sure where to post this, so since this is mostly a processor question, I figured this was a good place. I am considering these two NAS units, but cannot decide if the more expensive RS24 ($1699 for the RS24 with 4gb ram vs $948 for the DS1817+ with 8gb ram) was worth the cost...
  2. H

Cannot get Supermicro X10SDV-f to boot to USB SOLVED

Also updated the IPMI so its nice to have HTML5 console redirection now :)
  3. H

Well I used SuperDoctor, to update it from the Web GUI on the machine that SD was installed on... it gave me some instructions about running a command to delete the intel management engine, which I did, then a somewhat cryptic instruction about shutting down/rebooting in a certain way that I did...
  4. H

I want to update the BIOS, so I am trying to boot to a USB stick that I formatted with RUFUS (with Far32, bootable Freedos) and loaded the BIOS files to it, but I cannot get the server to boot to that drive. Any idea on a setting? Im logged into the SuperMicro box over IPMI. I have set the...
  5. H

Single day great deal

I am moving and will not ship this stuff. Once I have to store it again I will sell it piece by piece, but for now I want it gone TODAY. This is for local pickup 4/26 or 4/27 in Nashville only. Must take all. one LSI SAS 9300-8i SAS card THREE Dell MD1000 full working dual controller...
  6. H

FS: LSI SAS 9300-8i Sas card / WD sas 4TB drives

Drives are now sold. Rest is avail.
  7. H

Yep .. per WD site ... Expires 5/18/2020 - 1,593 days left
  8. H

I will give it a few more days. How much time do you need?
  9. H

Lowered pricing one more time before going to the dreaded Ebay.
  10. H

Hard drive being read constantly - Win 2012 R2 Essentials

Mine was just a sata drive connected to onboard Intel sata ports.
  11. H

All were/are being used in my media server. Have had them since July but Sas is overkill for my needs. Prices are plus actual shipping. Will ship free if you buy it all. LSI SAS 9300-8i with lp bracket $200 WD 4001FYYG 4TB SAS drives.... $120 each - I have 4 of these and will split up...
  12. H

Well it quit after finishing that drive. Still no idea why it was reading every single file.
  13. H

I disconnected the LSI SAS card and corresponding drives from my main server today, leaving only the SATA drives that I moved all of my movie files over to plus the SATA drives that were already there in the server. (not sure if that removal has anything to do with the issue I am about to...