Recent content by hgeorges

1. H

Napp-it, OmniOS, ESXi installation questions

Thanks both for the prompt and extensive reply! @gea Yes, I was referring to a ZFS boot (and root vol) mirror, created on the two SSD VMFS datastores. Then install a few additional apps and services on that volume - from what is available for omnios. I've got the misalignment message at the...
  2. H

Napp-it, OmniOS, ESXi installation questions

Hi, I've had a few attempts to install the said combination, trying to settle on a home server solution. went back and forth between these and FreeNas, ZFSGuru etc. Now I came back to napp-it. From zfsguru experience, I'm left with the idea to install zfs on a mirrored root (SSD). Plus the...
  3. H

LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands

1.65 ?! didn't know - will try to find it. Thanks for pointing that out. As for Sas2flash - yes i used it as well, including the full erase (-7) command. Interesting enough it left behind those serial numbers and manufacturing dates - it didn't delete those. After erasure, I went directly to...
  4. H

LSI MegaCLi (preboot CLi),StoreCLi, MegaSCU, MegaREC, SAS2flash and MegaOEM commands

Thank you! Tried a slightly older version of lsiutil and complained of too many things ... which made me discard it. MegaOEM seemed promissing, but did nothing. Will try lsiutil again. hg
  5. H

Hello; Does anyone know how to use any of these tools to change the serial number and manufacturing date on a MegaRaid 9240-8i controller? I've had the card only for ~ 1/2 year, purchased new, and crossflashed it as soon as I got it with 9211-8i/M1015, etc. Unfortunately I didn't save the...